PDA

View Full Version : SPOTTED: Hors Cat, 59cm, for sale!

IXXI
01-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Okay technically this should be in the classifieds section I suppose, but I wanted the Hors fans to hear about this bike I found today at the best shop on the planet, Bike Gallery (Hollywood location) in Portland, OR. Listen up rich guys (it fits me but I can't afford it!):

A 'demo' Hors Cat, in raw ti finish with blue/gray letters, looks to be in great shape-- not sure what the 'demo' part of its history is... the guy on the floor thought it might have been a demo from Cycle Oregon. The only blemish was on the C4Ti sticker under the top tube from looked like a pump (it has a pump peg).

It is listed as a 59cm; I measured the top tube at 57.5cm. Appears to have a 1.5 or so head tube extension; Ouzo Pro threadless fork. It is built with (I think) DA 9-speed, Cane Creek headset, Race X Lite wheels... Frame appears to be perhaps slightly used, but all parts look brand new. The price is marked down from something like $4000 to, if I remember correctly, $3199.

Give them a call-- and if you get it, let me ride it!!!

Bike Gallery, Hollywood
5329 NE Sandy Blvd.
360-694-9800 (TOLL FREE FROM WA)
Portland, OR 97213
(503) 281-9800** Fax: (503) 281-2447

Let me know if I can help out in any way as I'm local.
Andy

Sandy
01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Very nice gesture.

Sandy

Kevin
01-10-2005, 05:35 AM
The bike appears to be just my size, subject to the STA. My only concern is that the shop is on Sandy Blvd. Sandy are you screwing with me? How did you get IXXI to participate? Even if you are screwing with me I will call the shop. Thanks for the heads up.

Kevin

IXXI
01-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Whoops I blew it Sandy! LOL--yes, the bike is for real-- so is the name of the street!

(S)Andy

dave thompson
01-10-2005, 10:48 AM
I bought my Ottrott from the Bike Gallery on Sandy Blvd. I'll vouch for them being good guys.

Sandy Blvd, like our Sandy, is old. And runs diagonally.

William
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Sandy Blvd, like our Sandy, is old. And runs diagonally.

Does Sandy have "women of the night" walking all over him too? :confused:

;)

The BG on Sandy is the real deal. One of the few shops I would go into in Portland.

William

dave thompson
01-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Does Sandy have "women of the night" walking all over him too? :confused: ;) William
Now theres a mental image!

Kevin
01-10-2005, 01:31 PM
IXXI,

Thanks for the heads up. The shop has the bike on hold for me. I am waiting for a spec sheet from Serotta to verify the dimensions and angles. If the dimensions work, they will ship the bike to me tomorrow.

If I get the HC how do I explain the purchase to my wife? An Ottrott, CSi and a HC in the stable may be too much for her to bare.

Kevin

IXXI
01-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Kevin,

That's great! I'm happy for you--tremendously jealous, but happy. Glad to hear that it will (hopefully) be going to one of our happy little bunch. Let us know what it turns out to be like when you get it!

Andy

H.Frank Beshear
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
the same size just have it delivered here and I'll keep it for you. :p Just until the fireworks die down of course. :beer: :banana: My wife has her foot down, the next custom bike is hers. Frank

alembical
01-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Kevin,
I am going there tonight to pick up some shoes. If you have any questions you want me to ask or anything you want me to check out, I would be more then willilng. Just PM me. Unfortunately, our digital camera is lost (with 100 picks from the holidays), but let me know if you need anything besides pics.

Alembical

Smiley
01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Kevin , this should be very interesting for you to own probably 3 very fine yet distinctively differently riding bikes . Best of luck and I hope it works out for you .

Kevin
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
I received the spec sheet from Serotta via e-mail. Unfortunately it is a Quattro Pro file that neither Serotta or myself can open. Does anyone have quattro pro, or know where I can get a copy? So close, yet so far.

Kevin

pale scotsman
01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey Kevin - Fire it on to vickeryi@bellsouth dot net and I'll get 'er back to you asap.

Ian

Kevin
01-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Ian,

Its on its way. Lets hope it works. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

pale scotsman
01-10-2005, 07:46 PM
It's coming back at ya in excel. Hope it works out for you! :beer:

William
01-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Is this forum great or what!!! :cool:

William

bcm119
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Is this forum great or what!!! :cool:

William

Yeah, what a warm and fuzzy thread. Sure beats reading the news! What a day for Kevin...

Dekonick
01-10-2005, 09:55 PM
I love it when a plan comes together...

Kevin and kevan - You will love the Hors Cat. It is a different ride - unlike any other I have tried.

Kevin
01-11-2005, 05:22 AM
This is a great forum. :beer: First Andy spots the HC and tells everyone about it. :beer: Then both Andy and Ambelical volunteer to act as local contact people. :beer: Then Ian comes through as the Quattro Pro converter. :beer: I want to thank all of you. :beer:

Unfortunately, the HC is not going to work for me. :crap: It does not have enough setback. :crap: Even if I used a seatpost with a substantial setback of its own, the setback misses by 1.5 cm. :crap: Considering my glass knee, several operations over the last 20 years and daily exercises to keep me on the bike, I am going to have to pass on the HC. :crap: :crap:

But let me pass on what I learned about the HC. According to the spec sheet:

1. It was designed by Ben
2. It is a 2003
3. Dimensions

ST 59
STA 73
TT 58
HTA 73.5 Headtube length 20.03
chainstay 41.5
setback 17.25
rear drop 7
standover 85.16

I have the bike on hold until 3pm NY time. If anyone is interested in the bike, send me a PM and I'll give the shop the new purchaser and contact number to guarantee the purchase. Thanks to Ian, I can also send out the spec sheet.

Kevin

Kevin
01-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I have released the hold on the HC. It is up for grabs.

Kevin