PDA

View Full Version : Fierte or Fierte IT

lverma
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I cant get to test ride the IT version. Any opionions?
thanks

Smiley
06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I cant get to test ride the IT version. Any opionions?
thanks

it's a Ottrott lite version :)

Alan
06-20-2009, 02:33 PM
I have an IT and it is very nice smooth riding bike and more comfortable than my steel (non-Serotta) bike. You won't regret it but it would be nice to try one first.

Alan

dekindy
06-20-2009, 02:34 PM
I had this question in early 2008 when I was considering replacing my Fierte steel. PM 93Legendti and ask your question. We exchanged PM's so there is not a thread that I can reference you. If I remember correctly, he has ridden all 3, Fierte steel and IT and TI, so he can give you a definite opinion based upon his actual experience.

pjmsj21
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
I have just recently purchased a It and though I wasnt able to ride the steel version, I do have a steel Gunnar with almost the identical geometry, but again not the same tubeset at the Serotta.

I find the Fierte It, (especially with Corsa Open 25c tires) to a very smooth ride with just the right amount of road feel. In comparison to my Gunnar it is a smoother, but not disconnected ride. I rode several all carbon bikes before the Fierte and found them, as often described, pretty dead. The Giant Advanced Defy (Bicycling's Plush bike of the Year) to be in particular a less than inspiring ride.

If you can spring for the additonal cost of the It, I dont think you would be disappointed.

Pete Serotta
06-22-2009, 12:10 PM
The IT version is a Ottrott lite as some one mentioned. I prefer the IT ride to the all steel but both ride nicely. I am assuming they both have the same fork (S3).

If you have specific questions please let me know at Pete@serotta.com. GO with the one you like the looks of better.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I like the ride of the IT (ti/carbon) better than steel. :)