PDA

View Full Version : Tifosi Customer Service

gomez308
06-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I have a pair of Tifosi sunglasses, I have ridden with them for about 4 years now. I took a rock straight to the lens a while back. They didn't break, but there is a scratch right in the center of vision. I sent back the interchangeble lens and with a $10 fee I expected to get a replacement lens. Two days later I received a call from the warranty department. My model had been discontinued and they didn't have the lens. He offered a complete set for the same price. I assumed he meant the price as I had paid for the complete set. Nope, I got a new set of glasses with 3 pairs of lens for the $10 handling fee. The new glasses arrived in less than a week after I mailed off the scratched lens.
Tifosi doesn't make the most expensive glasses out there, but they stand behind their product.

mike p
06-20-2009, 07:59 AM
I still can't get over the fact you've had a pair of sunglasses for four years! I'm lucky to have them one summer.

Mike

jemoryl
06-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I rather doubt it cost them $10 to make the glasses (even for those really expensive brands), so sending you a new pair is just good customer relations. I bought some very inexpensive (but decent) glasses and managed to break a lens. Phoned their customer service (the brand was Coyote) intending to ask how I could buy a new lens and the guy took my address and popped a pair in the mail gratis. Good CS isn't limited to posh brands.

Karin Kirk
06-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I've had similar great experiences with Smith. If anything breaks, send 'em back and you get a whole new setup, lenses and all. One of my pairs has been replaced twice, both times after really high mileage.

It's nice to hear about good customer service, especially these days when it is absent from so many companies.

bigbill
06-20-2009, 11:30 AM
My best customer service experiences have been with:

Oakley
Crank Brothers
Competitive Cyclist
Bike Tires Direct

The worst have been with:

Colorado Cyclist
Texas Cyclesports
Soma (eventually made right but it took three months)