PDA

View Full Version : serotta weight loss

vqdriver
06-19-2009, 03:56 PM
we're halfway thru the year and maybe we can post how we're all doing so far with our goals.

i know we didn't start until april, but losing some weight was a new years goal for me, so i actually started (half-heartedly) in january. i'm happy to say i've lost 10 pounds since the beginning two months ago. compared to only 3 pounds dropped during the four months prior to the forum challenge, i think the accountability is doing its job as a motivator.

i'm trying to get under 200 for the year, so i've got another 10 to go. i must say tho, the lbs are coming off slower and slower.

Bytesiz
06-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm down about 12 pounds since the start. I'd like to loose another 6 pounds. Should be there by the end of the Summer.

Curently I'm down a total of 56 pounds since I started riding again 2.5 years ago.

Ray
06-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I wasn't really part of the whole thing, but I started changing the way I was eating in late February to address a couple of issues, weight being the least of it. But to my surprise, I've lost close to 25 pounds since then. I was up to between 185-190 last winter and now I'm back down to my high school football playing weight of 160-165. I seem to have finally stopped losing and stabilized over the last several weeks, so this might be my "right" weight. Not sure yet if there are a few more pounds to come off in time.

I'm not riding big miles or very many hard miles, but I'm riding 3-4 days a week, doing yoga 2-3 times a week, taking my dog for longer hikes, and occasionally hitting the kettlebells. But its really knocking out grains that did it. Plenty of fruits and veggies and animals, but little to no bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, beans or other agricultural carbs. I'm exercising LESS than in past years when I was putting on weight, but lost a chunk all the same. And, more importantly, I've lost the nightly heartburn and frequent racing heart issues I'd been having.

Not part of the program, but stumbled onto some results so I thought I'd post 'em.

-Ray

SoCalSteve
06-19-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm down 35 lbs since the middle of December...

All I have done is eat less of the same foods I have always eaten. Not too much less, just enough less.

Seriously, try it sometime, it works.

Just sayin'

Steve

vqdriver
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
yeah, the half diet: eat whatever you normally eat, but less of it.
that's been on my radar for a while, but i easily forget about portion control.

so far, i've been eating the same and just riding more. but with the pounds coming off slower now, i'll have to dig up some more discipline and control my intake.

SoCalSteve
06-19-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah, the half diet: eat whatever you normally eat, but less of it.
that's been on my radar for a while, but i easily forget about portion control.

so far, i've been eating the same and just riding more. but with the pounds coming off slower now, i'll have to dig up some more discipline and control my intake.

80% diet - 20% excercise, thats the way to lose weight.

Good luck!

Steve

PS: Read this book (http://www.beckdietsolution.com/FolderID/1/SessionID/%7B0CC64226-3C60-4570-83FE-5147D41A1C47%7D/PageVars/Library/InfoManage/Guide.html)

H1449-6
06-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I had been eating too many steaks and drinking too many martinis entertaining clients so I was at about 235. I've knocked off about 28 lbs since just before Christmas. I was originally trying to address a high cholesterol issue by quitting meat/eggs, but then I quit drinking and joined a gym for the off season and started watching the pounds melt away.

Cholesterol is down over 65 points and back within the normal range. I'll lose another 15 lbs by the end of the summer which when I add it to the weight already lost is about the weight of my four year old daughter. :eek:

:banana:

vqdriver
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
one advantage i have over you guys is that we have a newborn at home now. crazy sleep patterns = strangely decreased appetite.

is that cheating :D