PDA

View Full Version : OT "natural" running shoes--whose tired 'em

jimcav
06-18-2009, 05:07 PM
like the newton, or the ecco BIOM etc. I know i pronate so basically never stray from the shoes that worked for me over the years--been running in the same asics or mizuno for almost 20 years. But i did take a multi-year break from running, and now my foot strike is different--and i'm working on making my gait more efficient. so i'm curious about these shoes but don't feel like trusting magazine reviews--so anyone tried this type of shoe?
thanks
jim

alembical
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I am interested in responses as well. I have never tried them, but I currently use the very minimalistic New Balance 790 as my trail shoes, and while they took a little while to get used to, I have grown to love them. They are less than 8 oz and have a much lower to the ground heel cup than anything I had run in before. Initially, I felt it in my calves.

The Newton's are very appealing to me, just wish they were easier to find and check out.

Alembical

jimcav
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I am interested in responses as well. I have never tried them, but I currently use the very minimalistic New Balance 790 as my trail shoes, and while they took a little while to get used to, I have grown to love them. They are less than 8 oz and have a much lower to the ground heel cup than anything I had run in before. Initially, I felt it in my calves.

The Newton's are very appealing to me, just wish they were easier to find and check out.

Alembical
but i'd love to hear from some actual users
jim