PDA

View Full Version : Zipp Tangente

TAW
06-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Anyone riding these? I purchased a set of tubular "everyday" type wheels and am looking at putting these on them. I have Continentals on my race tubs, but am looking for something that rides well.

Thanks.

-dustin
06-17-2009, 12:17 AM
I like them...think they're quite comfy in a 23, and rather predictable. Wear better than OC Evo CXs, but not as well as some other, less pricey tubulars. Need to check, but these must have latex tubes 'cause I will easily lose 30 - 40psi between getting home and riding to work the following day.

Ti Designs
06-17-2009, 07:54 AM
but am looking for something that rides well.

Try looking in the mirror...

Charles M
06-17-2009, 09:07 AM
The ride is a lot like Vittoria ks... Pretty dang nice.

That said, the new 320 tpi Vittoria are fantastic. Same durability and maybe the nicest rolling regularly available tubular on the road...

djg
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM
The ride is a lot like Vittoria ks... Pretty dang nice.

That said, the new 320 tpi Vittoria are fantastic. Same durability and maybe the nicest rolling regularly available tubular on the road...

So . . . what's the deal with the instructions on the new Vittorias that recommend a solvent to remove what seems an extra heavy coating on the base tape? I've never heard of anybody doing any such thing (and frankly, normally would be worried about the bond between the base tape and the tire).

TAW
06-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try a set, and I'll post a review once I get them. The shop I work for has a Zipp account so I can get them cheaper than the Vittorias.