PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using the Northwave Vertigo Carbon

dekindy
06-16-2009, 08:49 PM
I have read some threads that indicated Northwave changed their sizing for 2009 and as a result the toebox is narrower. The exception mentioned was the Vertigo model. I tried the Vertigo model and it felt roomier in the toebox than the Aerlite models and the heel did not seem to slip. This model seems to be one of the cheaper full carbon soled shoes and a good value. I have not used a shoe without a buckle but having three straps worked well. My biggest concern would be ventilation. The lone review that I have read indicated the ventilation was good but I am not sure. Anybody ridden the Vertigo Carbon model, not to be confused with the Vertigo model?

I also tried the more expensive Northwave Aerlite S.B.S. and Aerlite 3 models. A 43 felt tight in the toebox and a 44 was too big with stock insoles. I tried both sizes with the stock insole and my orthotic and just my orthotic to try and get the right fit. The 43 felt the best with the orthotic and no stock insole. But it still seemed to slip some in the heel unless I tighted the buckle tighter than I believe I could tolerate. The Aerlite S.B.S. has a wooden insole that is supposed to gradually conform to my foot and I wonder how much it would conform and what difference that would make in the fit?