PDA

View Full Version : Specialized S-works road shoes 45/11

Likes2ridefar
06-15-2009, 07:10 AM
These shoes are back for sale again - original buyer realized they were not the right size :crap:

I've used these for two weeks and have come to the conclusion my foot is just a touch too wide. Can't return them. Condition is excellent. They come with the stock red specialized insoles which I did not use.

Each shoe weighs 246 grams. Crazy light! Sizing seems spot on with the claimed 45, it says us 12 on the tag, but go by the 45. it's a US 11 in my opinion.

$150 plus shipping or pickup in NYC.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Spookykinkajou/IMG_0906.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/Spookykinkajou/IMG_0907.jpg

pdmtong
06-15-2009, 09:12 AM
No relation to seller.

FWIW IMHO these shoes are great. I am still experimenting with the footbeds and wedges. Extremely light with excellent ventilation. The boa is easy to use and evenly distributes tongue pressure.

I am shimano 44, sidi 44.5 (ergo/6.6/G5/dom) and specialized 44.

I'm gong back and forth betweenthe specialized s-works and my ergo's. both really nice.

Likes2ridefar
06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the comments. I really wanted them to work. I think I might be able to wear a half size up OK, but don't really want to shell out another $300+ to find out.

I've gone through a lot of shoes this year trying to replace my seriously aging Northwave Aerator 3's. I'm going to try the Ergo 2 next and a size 46 Lake 330c.

Thus far this year: SHimano R310 custom, lake 330c in 45 and 45.5 (half size seemed to not change the length at all), Sidi Genius 5 46, and now the Specialized 45.

To me, the lakes are the best made and most comfortable and only about 40 grams heavier per shoe compared to the S-works, but I just can't get the length right.

The sidi I got for commuting, but they were terrible with the Bebop pedals (spd) so I just decided to dump them on ebay. I wish I had kept them now so I could've tried them on the road bike...

cowboys
06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Pm sent email sent