PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Forum Logo Poll...please choose one.

William
01-07-2005, 09:13 PM
All right, I just wanted to thank everyone for their positive, constructive, and well meaning feed back. I think we have come up with some good choices. I have narrowed it down to three choices that I feel include much of your suggestions, as well as the versions that received the most positive feedback. Coming up with something like this can be tough when we have such a large group of people with varied likes and dislikes about what a design should be. I hope that we can choose one that satisfies the largest percentage of the forum members as possible.

A couple of points.
The use of a complimentary typestyle instead of creating the word "FORUM" in the serotta-ized style, I think, shows our connection to Serotta without copying it out right. Though we are connected, we as a forum are not Serotta. The separate use of the "serotta" text/logo in our logo, IMHO, shows our appreciation of and to Serotta. The Banana? Well, the Banana is our forum mascot.

One of the reasons I like the use of the white circle is to highlight the logo. Picture a gray (or your color of choice other than white) background outside of the circle. The white circle highlights and holds the logo together as well as focusing your attention to it. It will stand out among the rest of the logos on the team vehicles. I feel it still works well with the "busting out" version. As a free form image with out the circle, I think it will tend to blend in more with the other logos and be a little harder to pick out. I will still include a free form version for your consideration.

This has been fun for me as well as a good learning experience. Thank you very much for letting me do this and I appreciate all of your kind words and encouragement.

And last but not least. I must thank Mrs. William who agreed to let me get this done on a Friday night (though I owe her big time ;) ).

William

dirtdigger88
01-07-2005, 09:33 PM
nice job big guy- thank you

Jason

Russ
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
William,

Woud it be better to make the banana facing right? -->

I say this because I think if text is ever put next to it, the flow would be better, right?

PS
Thanks for the nice graphic design work!

Bill Bove
01-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Tough choice. All three are great. Well done, William. I'll go with what ever is decided on by the forum.

I've gotta get some 1.5" stickers for the bikes and 6" ones for the car and toolbox. Ginger, we have our t-shirt and jersey for the open house too.

shaq-d
01-08-2005, 08:05 AM
the busting out of circle is great, just hilarious. looks like the banana guy is real and "popping out" of the picture. if this is available in sticker/decal format, i'd love to place it on my own serotta..

sd

Smiley
01-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Excellent job BIG GUY , I think we should get you and the Sheriff together to make up a T-Shirt with the logo and other stuff on it like Davis Phinney foundation and serotta logo's . Sell the T's and give the proceeds to Davis Phinney . What do you all think ?

NicaDog
01-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Nicely Done! I would be happy to have any one of these grace my cars and bikes, and it will be especially sweet to see it on the SN team cars.

David

Ahneida Ride
01-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Sure beats the pants off the Nike Swoosh !!!!

Great Job William !!!! ;) ;) ;)

wwtsui
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
...for the outstanding design work. I refrained from commenting as things were evolving, but think all 3 designs are great!

RichMc
01-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Excellent! I go for the full circle version but with one minor detail. The "forum" font could be cleaned up a little. Other than that, simply great.

William
01-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's much appreciated. :cool:

If it makes you smile, then it has hit the mark IMHO. :banana:

As far as tweaking the images further. I feel that we had come to a point where we needed to make a decision as to which version of the logo the forum felt was best to go forward with. When a decision has been made, I' am willing to do some minor tweaking as long as it's a consensus.

T-shirts, jerseys, & stickers, I think all are a good idea. :) Someone also mentioned head badge....I might have to consider a custom HB when I go ahead with that OST Ti Legend....Hmmm.:)

William

M_A_Martin
01-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Perhaps once you close the poll, you should pass a draft of the "winner" to Serotta for approval of the "idea" to see if they'll let us use the "Serotta" style text on that design or not before spending more time on it. It would be a shame to get down to the final design and have it turned down (as is the company's right to do...that's their identity we're using in our logo...)

Check with Alyson to see what the procedure might be.

William
01-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm already on that road. That's also another reason why I wanted to have the forum decide which way to go. Then submit it to Serotta so they could decide whether we could use the logo or not.

William

shinomaster
01-08-2005, 02:13 PM
get a new type face for the forum

BumbleBeeDave
01-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Are you in Boston yet? Why did you bring this &%$#* snow with you?

What’s up with the 29th?

BBDave

dave thompson
01-08-2005, 08:01 PM
....regarding our sponsorship of the Ofota/Sierra Nevad racing team. Inasmuch as what we have done is so unusual, what do you all think about a press release, hopefully issued through either Serotta or the race team, the fact that a group of Serotta owners and bicycling enthusiasts banded together to raise the necessary funds to buy a small sponsorship to further the efforts of the team that races the Forum's favorite bikes?

William
01-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi folks,
I'm going to close the Forum Logo poll on Tuesday evening so if you haven't voted yet, please do so soon. With the design that you picked out, I will then work to secure the necessary permissions and work on any minor or necessary changes for finalization.

Again, thank you for your input and encouragement.

William

spiderman
01-09-2005, 08:51 PM
or my voting rights are restricted in the state of florida...
i'm unable to cast my vote on the poll, so i'm voting 3 times:
my first vote goes to mrs william, thanks for your encouraging support!
my second is for william: your diligence, skill and sensitivity...
lastly, i vote b) for bursting out of the circle!
strong work!
can't wait to download my electronic retro wool jerseys...
obtw,
anything we can do to support the davis phinney foundation
would be great!
...could we get left and right facing bananas...
...determined by rider 'handedness'??
just kidding!

Sandy
01-09-2005, 08:57 PM
If William is really as good as I think that he is, the yellow banana should slowly turn from bright yellow to brown, as a function of the age of our bike.

Slowly turning to brown,

Fruit Salad

spiderman
01-09-2005, 09:25 PM
oh, you got me to belly LOL...
yet, after further consideration...
the logo could be on both the front and back...
viewed as yellow out front
and brown from behind!

nearly banned
for bad banana banter

Sandy
01-09-2005, 09:57 PM
I think that William must be angry at me. As I sit here, I am slowly turning from a bright and beautiful yellow to a rather dull looking pale brownish yellow.

My skin is also slowly starting to peel.

I am very, very, worried.

I guess that all is not so bad, however, as my skin has a nice sweet taste to it. ;) ;)

:banana: So Sweet So Serotta Sandy :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
01-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I tried to warn you about all those bruises at last year’s open house . . . :eek:

BBDave

Sandy
01-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately, all of this reminds me of Kevan when he starts to peel. Believe me when I say that it is not a very sweet sight. :banana: :banana:

With my eyes closed,

The :banana: Man

William
01-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Mrs. William has been planning on baking some Banana bread. :D

Just don't let any drosophilus melanogasters follow you over.

William ;) :)

Sandy
01-10-2005, 05:38 AM
Biting beautiful baked banana bread.

Salivating Sandy

Sandy
01-10-2005, 05:41 AM
It's a bananaslide, I mean a landslide.

Slipping and Sliding on banana peels,

Slipping Sliding Sandy

Tom
01-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Drunken banana! Drunken banana! Ahhh, ha ha ha ha ha!

MartyE
01-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Ok, so where can I order my new Serotta Forum
Dancing Banana logo Jersey?
I'll take 2 please.
Marty

SGP
01-10-2005, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=spiderman]or my voting rights are restricted in the state of florida...
i'm unable to cast my vote on the poll, so i'm voting 3 times:

used tell us storries of how on Election Days the dead would rise up and vote three times for "the Tam'ny Hall" :D

William
01-11-2005, 03:18 AM
At this point I think it's obvious which logo the forum has chosen. Now it's time to secure permissions and do any possible minor tweaking that needs to be done.

Thanks again everyone!

William

BumbleBeeDave
01-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks so much for your work on this! Are we voting on the “tweaked” version, too? Also, for tweaks I’m still suggesting moving the banana slightly left, enlarging the pom-poms, and enlarging the “Serotta” a bit so it breaks the circle, too.

BBDave

Too Tall
01-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Willm' It's cool man. No chance to add a web presence??? serotta.com/forum? Sorry if I've missed that thread.

William
01-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Well,
Now that we appear to have a winnah, I'm open to final suggestions as long as it doesn't alter the appearance too much. That is, as long as the winnah maintains it's basic structure.

BBDave, for 20 lbs, of Queen Bee pollen, I'll give the banana bigger pom poms, a funny hat, and a big black handle bar mustachio! ;) :D

William :)

BumbleBeeDave
01-11-2005, 02:09 PM
If you like, I will try to scrape that much off my legs. Do you want it in a bag or a bucket? ;)

But seriously, here's my suggestion again, to do with what you think appropriate. But I'm willing to go with your final decision, whatever that is.

BBDave

dauwhe
01-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Having the banana break out of the circle is fine, but I don't think the text should break out of the circle. Makes it harder to read, and I don't think it's as clean . . .

DC, in the land of freezing rain

cinelli
01-11-2005, 03:15 PM
The middle logo get's my vote. With the circle creating a border around the "banana", the logo could be used on any colored background effectively. Nice job. :banana: :banana:

Sandy
01-11-2005, 03:17 PM
I agree.

How about making the feet look like little wheels, by using spokes?

Softly Spoken Sandy

e-RICHIE
01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
?

e-RICHIE
01-11-2005, 03:24 PM
snipped:
"but I don't think the text should break out of the circle.
Makes it harder to read..."

yeah what he said.

lose the circle-cum-border.
the marque is strong enough to stand alone without the
device. like-minded folks should get their pals to sign up
here just to vote the circle down!!!!!!

e-RICHIE
01-11-2005, 03:24 PM
uh
more multiples

Sandy
01-11-2005, 03:27 PM
We got your point. We got your point. We got your point. :)

Sandy Sandy Sandy

92degrees
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
If I were to suggest tweaks — just a little massage only — I would:
Shift banana person over to the left slightly so that it’s optically centered
Make the strokes of the pompoms more similar to banana’s outline
Shift the arm on the left a little higher as the area below is going to clog up at small size

Once you know the finish size(s) you could decide how close the text can be to the banana. At small sizes it may need a little more room.

Those are my niggling changes. Nice work!

David Kirk
01-11-2005, 04:46 PM
How about prism decals that make it look like the Banana is dancing when you move your head back and forth.

I need a drink.

Dave

e-RICHIE
01-11-2005, 04:48 PM
"...when you move your head back and forth."

or up and down.

dirtdigger88
01-11-2005, 05:31 PM
bobble- head banana :banana:

jason

David Kirk
01-11-2005, 05:38 PM
WORD !

Dave

William
01-13-2005, 07:51 PM
FYI,

I'm submitting final draft for approval on Friday.

Thank you for all your help, input and encouragement. :) :cool:

William

RABikes2
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
You're the best, "Cousin" William...thanks for all your hard work, time, and determination to try and please everybody! ;)

dave thompson
01-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm having some stickers made. Hope to have them in about a week.

William
01-14-2005, 09:44 AM
..."Cousin" William...thanks for all your hard work, time, and determination to try and please everybody!

Thanks "cuz"!! :) :cool:

Logo submitted. Awaiting permissions. :banana:

William