PDA

View Full Version : Zipp shimano to campy freebub conversion

cowboys
06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know whether this can be done, what is the cost for the freehub approximatley, and if there would be any need to redish or retrue the wheelset....There are far more shimano freehub zipps out there and would like to get a better value but worry about getting a set that is easy to convert without truing issues.....thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, have campy record 10 speed.

Charles M
06-14-2009, 04:14 PM
VERY easy. your retailer can buy a seperate freehub but the whole thing takes 4 minutes.

No re-dish

TAW
06-14-2009, 04:36 PM
As is posted above, it is very easy to do, one bolt and no small parts to deal with.

kgreene10
06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Can't be done. Your wheelset is useless -- you should send it to me.

Seriously though, I just changed over a DT Swiss hub the other way and it took just moments to complete. On the DT, the end cap is different for Campy and Shimano, so when you ask your LBS or order online/by phone, just make sure to tell them it's for a freehub conversion.

cowboys
06-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Any idea how much the conversion costs for parts. I have seen 2 different conversion kits one with the hub which appears to be around $100 and another with hub and other parts which is about $165. Would I need just the hub????

TAW
06-15-2009, 11:25 AM
If it's the Zipp hub, you only need a freehub, there are no other parts.