PDA

View Full Version : GRRR! Clothing gripes...

Steve in SLO
06-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I just returned from a ride and was wearing my Sugoi wind vest. During the ride I often needed to adjust the zipper for temperature regulation, and I must have gotten the zipper jammed 3 or 4 times on the windflap behind the zipper and 2 or 3 times on the fabric trimming the zipper on the face of the vest. Cripes, talk about wasting mental energy on something that should be transparent. :crap:
WHY do we need a 1" windflap made from flimsy, easy to catch fabric behind a zipper on a stinkin' lightweight vest, anyway? The 4" collar on my PI Zephyrr vest begs the same question...I find myself tucking it down into the inside of the vest.

That's my gripe. Do you have one?

CNY rider
06-14-2009, 12:46 PM
That's my gripe. Do you have one?

Not really......but I do have a suggestion. :D
I had (have) a PI jacket with an annoying piece of crap zipper that kept getting stuck.
Mentioned it to a work friend, who turned out to be a skilled seamstress (who knew?) and she replaced the zipper for me for $10 as it was a fairly simple project for her.
Find someone to put a new zip in there for you and trim some of that excess material.

Charles M
06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Same here with zipper replace. I actually stitched the flap away on a vest my self on another...

Rapid Tourist
06-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I had a cycling shell that I liked a lot but had the same problem with it as you--the zipper kept snagging on the 1 inch flap of thin fablic behind the zipper. So annoying! I took it to a seamstress and had her sew a 1 inch wide piece of ribbon on top of the flap behind the zipper, which made the flap too "substantial" to get caught in the zipper. Problem solved! Good luck.