PDA

View Full Version : Help needed w Time pedals

Alan
06-13-2009, 03:10 PM
My RSX carbon pedals broke in the middle of the pedal body. Obviously not enough material or they would not have broken. I plan to talk with Time USA to get them to replace as a warranty item even though they are out of warranty by 6 months. I consider a pedal body breaking a catastrophic failure that should be addressed by the mfg.

The part I need help w is what to do. I am in Canada on an interim work deal so I'll have to buy some new ones so I can send the old ones back. I don't care too much about weight so I was thinking about some of the cheaper models like the Zen, Edge or RXL pedals. I want some that will hold up to my regular non-Clydesdale body.

Let me know your thoughts for those who keep up with Time pedals. If you have ideas about how to approach Time USA let me know.

Thanks,

Alan

rePhil
06-13-2009, 03:25 PM
While it would be a goodwill gesture, sounds like they are clearly out of warranty.
Let us know what happens.

caleb
06-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Regarding the warranty, it's pretty unlikely that Time will work with you directly. Your best bet is to talk to the shop you bought them from and hope that they help you out with your claim.

totally_fixxate
06-15-2009, 06:35 AM
try to find some Time impact pedals.

Here is the guy at Time that I dealt with.

Christopher T. Smith

612-926-8382
877-727-7661
Info@TIMESPORTUSA.com
http://www.timesportusa.com/blog

pjm
06-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Same thing happened to one of mine. Can't remember if mine were still under warranty or not, but Time replaced them through my bike shop. I traded the new ones for some Shimanos as I can't trust the Times anymore. Too bad, because I really liked the pedals, but plastic is plastic, no matter what fancy name they give it.

gforce
06-15-2009, 08:36 AM
I have been happy with the time impacts. Outside of the screws requiring tightening they have been solid pedals. At just under 300 grams they are reasonably light and pretty durable.

Michael Maddox
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
I've broken two pair of them and have since switched to the Dura Ace pedal. There's just no trusting something that snaps when you pull your foot out.

This is sad, too, since I've ridden Time exclusively since 1988.

Alan
07-19-2009, 07:48 PM
I returned from a trip to find a new pair of RSX carbon pedals. Time USA honored the warranty even though I was over the 1 year period. Glad they did the right thing. I have so many pairs of Time pedals that I am committed.

Just wanted all to know.

Alan