PDA

View Full Version : Attaching multiple files

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I've got a dumb question. I'm new to attaching pictures to posts. How do I attach multiple images to a thread? Thanks

dirtdigger88
01-07-2005, 02:52 PM
the exact same way you do one-

Jason

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 03:03 PM
So I click on manage attachments. then browse until I find them. Do I put a comma between them?

dave thompson
01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
The way I do it is to browse and upload each pic, until I have all the pics uploaded.

There is a cap on pic size, which I believe is 800 pixels or 140kb, whichever is larger.

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 03:15 PM
I apoligize for this. How do I resize them smaller? When I try and upload a file it says "the document contains no data." They are a bit big and I need to resize them. Again sorry to waste forum space on this.

dirtdigger88
01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
your computer may have that as an option if you are using something like a photo shop- if not try emailing the pix to yourself- I know in windows xp I am asked to keep the files the same size or reduce them. Pick to reduce them then save the file under say "my docs" then pull it from there

Jason

dave thompson
01-07-2005, 03:23 PM
I apoligize for this. How do I resize them smaller? When I try and upload a file it says "the document contains no data." They are a bit big and I need to resize them. Again sorry to waste forum space on this.
Down load this freeware image resizing program, it's a dandy. http://www.imageresizer.com/ You can even resize pics to make your avatar.

Your pictures must have one of these file extensions: .bmp, .doc, .gif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .pdf, .png, .psd, .txt, .zip If you are getting a message of "the document contains no data", the program isn't seeing your pic files. What kind of pictures are you trying to upload?

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I guess the problem is with the pictures. Because it says the same thing when I try to attach them to an email to mail myself. I'll try working on them. Thanks for your help.

Dirtdog
01-07-2005, 07:40 PM
testing

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 07:55 PM
I was trying to post pictures of a custom frame that I just finished building into the gallery here. The pictures are .jpegs so I don't know what is going on. I will try downloading that program and see if it will work. Thanks for the help.
-Jason

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Here goes nothing:

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 08:51 PM
None of my pictures work. hmmm...

vaxn8r
01-07-2005, 09:11 PM
First, the photos probably need to be resized. Use your photo software to make an image of about 6x8". Then you need to save the resized image on your hard drive as a jpg file. So like: "photo.jpg" Then you use the attachment manager. After you browse to select photo then upload it. Then continue browsing and uploading until all photos are up. Then close the manager and post away.

slobikr
01-07-2005, 09:28 PM
j

musgravecycles
01-07-2005, 09:56 PM
still not working after resizing and converting to jpegs. I even downloaded a pic of the net and tried to reattach it and got the same message. Has to be something somewhere in my operating system settings. I'm not the smartest computer person around, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

shaq-d
01-08-2005, 08:14 AM
still not working after resizing and converting to jpegs. I even downloaded a pic of the net and tried to reattach it and got the same message. Has to be something somewhere in my operating system settings. I'm not the smartest computer person around, anyone have any ideas? Thanks

reply to this message. click on the grey button "manage my attachments". a "manage attachments" window pops up. click on grey button "browse". choose your picture file, which has an a .jpeg or .jpg extention, and double click it. this returns you to the "manage attachments" window. Click on grey button "upload". Wait until your file appears in that window under "Current Attachments" and there is a grey "Remove" button. Do not press the grey "remove" button. Click on the grey "close this window" button. this returns you to the reply window. click on "submit reply".

sd

Ray
01-08-2005, 08:31 AM
I've never had much luck uploading either. Those instructions helped a lot. Lets see if this works

musgravecycles
01-08-2005, 12:21 PM
there must be some setting on this computer thats preventing it. I even saved a pic off of this forum last night and then tried to reattach it. Still says the same thing...Not a single picture of my computer will load and I"ve got close to a thousand on here. they are ALL jpegs! Thanks for the help.

dave thompson
01-08-2005, 12:35 PM
#18 Today, 10:21 AM
musgravecycles:

E-mail me any one of your pics, any size. Attach it to your e-mail to me so I can have a look to see if anything is up with your pics.

davetspokane1@comcast.net

shaq-d
01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
I've never had much luck uploading either. Those instructions helped a lot. Lets see if this works

yummy legs

sd
:banana:

Ray
01-08-2005, 03:14 PM
yummy legs

sd
:banana:
I'm sure my 15 year old daughter (actually 14 when it was taken) will appreciate the compliment. :no:

shaq-d
01-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm sure my 15 year old daughter (actually 14 when it was taken) will appreciate the compliment. :no:

daughter? i meant the dog! :rolleyes:

sd

Ray
01-08-2005, 08:21 PM
daughter? i meant the dog! :rolleyes:

sd
Yeah, OK. She'll be thrilled by the attention too :)

-Ray