PDA

View Full Version : Meet Wade Patton in Texas - DFW!

Arklatex
06-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Prolific forum poster, Wade Patton from Tennesee, has been holed up in Dallas building a handmade bicycle frame.

Lets get a D/FW forum 'get together' planned for this weekend. Somewhere in D or FW depending on where most folks are coming from.

At the Indy NAHBS show the forum 'after parties' were amazing. Lets get a good 'meet' going. :beer:

WadePatton
06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
two requirements. place must have food and beer.

came out here and borrowed some tooling, asked a question or two and am finishing up with my frame now.

leaving first day of next week.

pics at lunch--back to the toil as dazza calls it. :bike:

WadePatton
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM
throwing down tacks the other day.

four holes, seven braze-ons, a brake bridge, binder slot, and head tube machining left to go. plus a little clean up.

then back to the riding.

and the next one. :crap:

rwsaunders
06-12-2009, 12:10 PM
The WadeVagen or should we say VadeVagen rises from the flames.... :cool:

woolly
06-12-2009, 02:41 PM
two requirements. place must have food and beer.

came out here and borrowed some tooling, asked a question or two and am finishing up with my frame now.

leaving first day of next week.

pics at lunch--back to the toil as dazza calls it. :bike:

I'm likely out of town this weekend, but if not then I'm definitely "in".

Wade, I'd offer the Flying Saucer as a suggestion - PLENTY of beer choices for even an aficionado such as yourself. One in Dallas (Addison) & one in Fort Worth. The Gingerman in Dallas would be another good option, but has a pretty limited chow menu.

jlwdm
06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
We are doing a Serotta ride every Sunday morning also from the border of Colleyville, Grapevine and Southlake.

Jeff

WadePatton
06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
just holler.

ride?! i've not pedaled more than a few minutes in weeks! is there a sofa group? (slow old farts in agony).

think we're busy tomorrow night (afternoon is flexible). be here all day sunday fer sure.

wp

and hows 'bout pattonvagon :banana:

WadePatton
06-13-2009, 04:31 PM
afternoon was the night. shoot an email. i've got 'bout 3 more hours in the shop and will break for brews. :beer:

dunno 'bout glenn, he had to go do some gf home maintainence. :D

i like the wood-fire pizza joint out this way.

jlwdm
06-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Where is out this way/

Jeff

Arklatex
06-13-2009, 05:33 PM
BONEDADDY'S in GRAPEVINE would be good. Or Hard 8 near Grapevine Mills Mall. Or Cutie Pies near Grapevine Mills Mall. GT

WadePatton
06-13-2009, 07:06 PM
awwww heck, i forgot. i'm building a bike now. say, yall still hungry?

call me. 615 fivefourtwo 19fittyseven.

wp

WadePatton
06-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Where is out this way/

Jeff
Coppell, sorry 'bout that.

and whoopsie, forgot the brake bridge. looks like ridemo is tomorrow...man i thought i was done.

WadePatton
06-13-2009, 09:45 PM
well i was wrong. the pizza joint is in irving.

and i was going to "call it" for tomorrow, since it's my birthday (in six weeks) and i want to hit it again before i retreat back to the glorious remote wilderness (relatively speaking) that i call home. but they're only open until 5 tomorrow and the cool tables are outside...

the location is SW corner of Regent Blvd & Belt Line Rd. Irving. (3601 Regent) for those of you in the area who haven't tried 'em out. see cavallipizza.com for more info.

so early tomorrow evening we could be called out. i'm leaving it up to gt to name a place. i think 5ish is a good time.

okay, that was fun, now back to the fabrication situation.

wp