PDA

View Full Version : Missing results?

false_Aest
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey,

Since I'm a newb to this race thing I figure one of you might be able to help me out.

Been doing a Tuesday night crit series. I've raced 5 or 6 times but only 3 have come up on my usacycling.com profile.

I contacted the organizer and they said that sometimes it takes weeks/months for results to get posted.

1) If those races don't appear on my internet profile can I still upgrade?
2) who do I contact at USA Cycling? is it rankings@usacycling?

Thanks
T

th_boone
06-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Yes, you would want to contact the rankings email. Someone should respond that is your local official/handler, then you will have their email (hang onto it for the future).

Unfortunately, I have had the same thing happen to me. There is one race from two years ago that I actually won, it still has not been posted to the results...go figure. Race promoter also never responded.. That was a rare case though.

If you think you have the points for an upgrade (and want to), go ahead and send in an upgrade request as well, listing your results.

Good luck.

ThasFACE
06-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Not sure who you would contact, but I'm pretty sure that you don't need the results to actually be reported in order to upgrade. When I went from 5 to 4 I only had one (I think) result that had actually gotten reported, but I sent in my resume anyway and got the upgrade.

I think that it's ultimately up to the person who is evaluating your case, but my bet is that they don't require reported results in order to upgrade since results seem to get posted so rarely and such a requirement would screw lots of people.... like me since I'm trying to upgrade again and only a few race results have shown up even though I've done a lot of races this season... but I'm not complaining. I'm amped that promoters do what they do. I've organized tournaments before and it's a thankless job. So, thanks promoters. (/derail)

92degrees
06-09-2009, 08:31 AM
It's your responsibility to maintain a race resume as many races don't report results. You submit your request for an upgrade from the USA Cycling website

https://www.usacycling.org/road/

The link to upgrade is in the menu at the bottom.

Geoff
06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
pretty standard fro race promoters to not report results. its up to you.