PDA

View Full Version : Do you name your bike

george
01-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Just curious if anyone has named his/her bike? I have named my 2000 Rock Lobster my giant green road racing machine and my 2004 Serotta CDA my giant green high tech road racing machine. :)

Kevin
01-06-2005, 06:00 AM
BBDave,

Are you out there? Can you tell us about the proper way to name your bike. How did you decide on the Queen Bee?

Kevin

jpw
01-06-2005, 06:43 AM
It's not my pet.

jpw
01-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Actually, my bike has different names depending on how steep the hill is.

Sandy
01-06-2005, 06:45 AM
My bike seems to disappear under me, as I am riding, so I call it Kevan. :)

Sandy

Kevan
01-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Anyway back to the name calling...

I don't, but my wife sure does. :rolleyes:

spiderman
01-06-2005, 09:21 AM
my bike deserves a descriptive, short sensible name: ottrott the goat.
my kids thought that it/he had big red horns and really climbs!
my dog....well, her name is neither short, descriptive nor sensible:
minneapolis tootsie two socks jiggs bon bon ha ha...
...no kidding!

TmcDet
01-06-2005, 10:01 AM
my dog....well, her name is neither short, descriptive nor sensible:
minneapolis tootsie two socks jiggs bon bon ha ha...
...no kidding!

I think dogs names are suppose to be long or atleast with me they always get that way, but then the dog only knows a short name. My current dogs name is Biscuit in the Basket Hockey Puck but she only knows Puck....dog I had before was Black Ty and Tails but he only knew Ty...guess i just think it is fun to come up with longer names.

Now for my bike, my son calls it Rotta so that is pretty much what everyone here calls it, guess it does have a name....of course now all the kids dream of having a Rotta some day, that could get costly

flydhest
01-06-2005, 10:08 AM
No name for the bike, but my dog's shortened name is Lucy. It seems that her full name is, Lucy, joo gah sum 'splainin to do.

coylifut
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
My Kona Jake the Snake is the only bike my kids recognize. My little one will say "are you going to go out and ride Jake, can I come?"

My dog's name is Mack, but he'll answer to Punk or Bully as well.

PanTerra
01-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Carlotta.

zap
01-06-2005, 10:19 AM
When my wife purchased my Klein Q Pro carbon frameset, Klein (well Trek) didn't do a very good job pricing framesets with various options. I and the shop owner cajoled Trek to include a Project 1 jobber on my frameset at no charge.

One Project 1 option is to have your name debossed on your frame. Well, rather than advertise the owner, I paid homage to Gary Klein's ad campaign from the late '80's. You know, the ad with the Klein bike carrying a Porsche 911 on it's roof rack.

The "Priorities" campaign. Big hit at the factory when the painted my frame.

But I call it the Klein. That way, my wife knows what type of water bottle to fill when I go riding.

jpw
01-06-2005, 10:22 AM
My dog's name is Rascal, but I don't yet have a dog.

spiderman
01-06-2005, 10:31 AM
the names of my dogs i've never had are:
austin-flint (a type of murmer)
pearl and mother of pearl
maxi...to go along with minnie
and honey macchiato...

BumbleBeeDave
01-06-2005, 11:16 AM
. . . acquired her name courtesy of VermonyCyclist, a member of the previous forum who apparently is not on the new one. She told me that my bike "must" have a name and so The Queen Bee it is!

I will skip the obvious humorous possibilities provided by the suggested mental image of Sandy "riding" Kevan! ;) :rolleyes: :eek:

BBDave

pbbob
01-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I don't name the bikes.
dog's names are phil and mr.tip
cat's names are mr. lost [rip] and his brother is mr. found.

Sandy
01-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't have any dogs, although I love them. I tell my wife, Gloria, that we are going to get 2 Doberman Pinschers and their names will be Lox and Bagel. If we get a third it will be Cream Cheese. If we only get one, it will be Dobey. My daughter's dog's name is Darby.

Sometimes I don't think that all of my cogs are meshing correctly.

Saluki Sandy

92degrees
01-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I had a dog named Noodle once. The experience taught me not to allow MY toddler to name our dog (Sophie). Bike doesn't have a name. That would freak out my wife. If I told her.

Tom
01-06-2005, 01:19 PM
My mom named it. Sometimes the elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

On the other hand, it's a Rhodesian Ridgeback. They don't have a concept of the word no so perhaps it doesn't matter.

She went ahead and named the other dog, a Samoyed/Shepherd cross, "Zoe".

Did I mention that my mom sometimes doesn't think things through?

I'm her ninth kid, I know about these things.

Skrawny
01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
I usually wait for a name to come to me in a fuge of inspiration (or O2 deprivation).

Current bike is "Trigger" (I know, not original)
Past bikes: Iguana Mia, Bullet, Lug

Cat: Puck (occasionally: "Little Pucker!")

In ref to Spiderman, maybe I should name my next dog: Graham Steel (sounds like a soap opera star, but really another murmer)

Ti Designs
01-06-2005, 01:53 PM
In Young Frankenstein, Igor dropped the bottle with the good brain, so he took one that said "abnormal, do not use". When asked who's brain they just put in their 8' monster he said "Abby Something..." it just fits.