PDA

View Full Version : Cranky SRAM group

CSi guy
06-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I need some help!!! I have a new SRAM force group and for the first 3 months worked great. Then the bb started feeling like it was loose, the rear derailler seems to keep having shifting issues, it feels like the chain/crank/freewheel seems to be catching or binding up. I did change wheels and had it readjusted, however it is now worse than ever. I was told the adjustment for the wheels required moving the limit screws. Has anyone else had issues with SRAM stuff and what did you do? Frame is a Ti Moots.

bkboom123
06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I have read many bad things about the SRAM red bottom bracket. I am not sure if force uses the same BB or not....

dixiesdad
06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Just a follow up.... the problem was the small chain ring was causing the problem. Replaced it. I only post this incase any of you would have the same issue.

39cross
06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Just a follow up.... the problem was the small chain ring was causing the problem. Replaced it. I only post this incase any of you would have the same issue.What was wrong with the chain ring?

soulspinner
06-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Quick fix-Campagnolo Chorus :p

dixiesdad
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
There was nothing really wrong with it from the perspective of the shop, I may have slightly bent it during a shift to the big chain ring to the small on the lead up to a hill. I had changed wheels form a DA to the Zipp and did not have any adjustment made. I was told the Zipp wheels needs a little different adjustment than a DA hub. Just a guess.

soulspinner
06-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Just being a wise acre. Ive ridden a bike in our shop with new force on it. Two impressions after a short ride. Brakes are powerful and the shifts feel somehow light and with less feel compared to my campy. To me, longevity matters cause workin in a bike shop dont leave ya with much cash... :crap:

ahumblecycler
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Since we are discussing SRAM and Force was mentioned, I have a question. What bottom brackets can I use with the Force cranks? Do I have to use SRAM; could I use DA 7800?

Also, Soulspinner will elaborate on this "the shifts feel somehow light and with less feel compared to my campy" please?

soulspinner
06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Clunky, not high pitched clicky...solid, I also can shift down the cassette multiple cogs when cresting a hill with one thumb depression instead of having to shift multiple times.