PDA

View Full Version : Colorado AL

mdeeds71
01-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Need some help...

I had to give up my 95 Colorado TG some time ago after college...I now replaced it with a 97 Colorado AL (frame only)...I don't know much about the lineup back then and I am trying to find the details on them...the bike is a 55 and I am trying to get all the details on the frame sizes but cannot find a catalog or any info on the web...I also will need a fork and considering it is an AL bike I think I need to take the edge off with a carbon for so I am wondering if a F1 was made to fit this and if so was it threadless and does anyone know were to find one.

Also does Serotta refurbish bikes i.e. inspection and a repaint, as well ball park estimate on cost...

Basicaly I am looking for catalog details on this as well as locating a fork for it...

Please help want to get riding it soon...Someday a Colorado steel will be purchased.

Mark

Bill Bove
01-06-2005, 03:13 AM
Colorado Al's were not built at the Serotta shop in New York, they were built to Serotta specs by Kinesis in Washington by Bens brother in law. They came with a threaded Kinesis Road D aluminum fork. I have two of them, one with a threadless Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork and the other with a threadless Alpha Q Sub 3. I prefer the Ouzo Pro. A carbon seatpost also helps kill the road buzz.http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=3053&highlight=bill+bove At the open house last summer Ben told me that the reason they discontinued them was because Kinesis could only garuntee them for two years and that he did not want to put a product out that he could not offer a better garuntee on. I had both mine repainted locally, unless there is some obvious major damage to the frame I'd say it's O.K. to ride. Remember, aluminum does not give you much warning before it fails.