PDA

View Full Version : Hinault on Race Radios

paczki
06-06-2009, 09:53 PM
From Velonews:

“I am against them. It is just a ‘Game Boy’ that has a gigolo attached at the end telling the racer when to take a piss.”

johnnymossville
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
would that be a gigilo attached to the other end or a pimp? LOL Hinault really went off on that rant. I wonder if he had been drinking.

fjaws
06-07-2009, 12:54 PM
If they would have given him an advantage, the Badger would have used them back in the day.......without a doubt.

Easy to be critical when you never had the option.

Gothard
06-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Hinault has always been point blank and harsh.
He won Paris-Roubaix then told the world he thought that it was a very dangerous race, and he would not do it again.
Diplomacy has never been his forte.

JeffS
06-07-2009, 01:12 PM
If they would have given him an advantage, the Badger would have used them back in the day.......without a doubt.

Easy to be critical when you never had the option.

It doesn't give you an advantage if everyone is using them. It changes the nature of the sport, and not for the better.

bronk
06-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Whether you agree with him or not, whether he had too much wine or not, it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind and not be so damn PC.

-----------------
On whether the Tour is too hard: “The Tour is not too hard. It is necessary to stop complaining. Cycling is a hard profession, but it’s better than going to the factory. A racer who wins is never paid too much. If you really want to win, you fight until your last breath.”

On Armstrong’s comeback: “I hope he will not be there. Is he afraid of France? Nobody forced him to come, he only has to stay home! He cannot win the Tour. I hope that Contador gives him a beating.”

On doping: “The French have taken as much as the others. What is not normal is that they are not treated in the same manner as other sportsmen.”

Dekonick
06-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Amen! I don't like them as I feel they make break away groups less exciting. The peleton just methodically pulls them back

Whether you agree with him or not, whether he had too much wine or not, it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind and not be so damn PC.

-----------------
On whether the Tour is too hard: “The Tour is not too hard. It is necessary to stop complaining. Cycling is a hard profession, but it’s better than going to the factory. A racer who wins is never paid too much. If you really want to win, you fight until your last breath.”

On Armstrong’s comeback: “I hope he will not be there. Is he afraid of France? Nobody forced him to come, he only has to stay home! He cannot win the Tour. I hope that Contador gives him a beating.”

On doping: “The French have taken as much as the others. What is not normal is that they are not treated in the same manner as other sportsmen.”

jhcakilmer
06-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Amen! I don't like them as I feel they make break away groups less exciting. The peleton just methodically pulls them back

Even if they didn't have race radios, they would still have that mavic guy on the motorcycles giving the peleton time checks. They could still judge when they need to start realing them back.

steelrider
06-07-2009, 06:50 PM
It doesn't give you an advantage if everyone is using them. It changes the nature of the sport, and not for the better.

+1! Well stated.

merckx
06-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I love Hinault. I wish he would come out of retirement. Really.

steelrider
06-08-2009, 12:14 AM
It's all about The Badger, baby!