PDA

View Full Version : Now here's a bike!

Chris
01-04-2005, 09:02 AM
What a beauty. If I only rode a 56......

3 Rensho (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=7125412477&rd=1)

dbrk
01-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Oh how I regret not having made _that_ purchase in the early 90s when the goin' was good. San Rensho made a lot of bikes but not many of them have reached us. I saw just a very ordinary one not long ago chained to a bike rack at the University. It was great to see it being used. This is a far, far nicer example, one worthy of the respect such a fine builder.

dbrk

BumbleBeeDave
01-04-2005, 12:17 PM
. . . but do you think enough other people in the know are going to think so for him to get 2 grand out of it?

BBDave

David Kirk
01-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I owned a San Rensho track bike that I used as a commuter while in college. I sold it way back when I was stupid.............no jokes inserted here.

The bike was a joy and I feel it's worth it.....for what it's worth.

Dave

chrisroph
01-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Beautiful bike. I have a friend who rode a san rensho track bike at alpenrose for years until it was stolen. He has tried to have several respected builders duplicate its wonderful ride but has not yet been successful. One of the design features of the san rensho was a slacker head angle and front center longer than most track frames. I incorporated these features in my pista vanilla and it rides great and of course is a work of art.

BarryG
01-04-2005, 12:55 PM
. . . but do you think enough other people in the know are going to think so for him to get 2 grand out of it?

2 grand doesn't even meet his reserve. If someone digs his component choice (I don't) then perhaps he'll have a buyer.

Barry

vaxn8r
01-04-2005, 03:05 PM
That is one classy bike. They used to sell those out of Two wheel Transit Authority in Huntington Beach in the 80's. I used to see a fair number of them ridden down in SoCal and only heard great things about them.

I think it's worth it for someone. Heck, someone last week said they spent $800 on a 70's Masi frameset which then needed frame repair including a new TT and new paint. This bike, OTOH is pristine! Gorgeous!

BTW, that 7400 DA group was bullet-proof and worked flawlessly. Campy spent the next entire decade trying to catch up to that group, technologically speaking.