r_mutt
05-31-2009, 09:45 AM
anyone get theirs yet?

any builds complete?

would love to see one!

:beer:

Lurch
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Haven't seen an update email in about a month? Waiting very (im)patiently, my frame is in the last group. Hard to not bug the hell out of him to see where he's at on them.

Anyone have better status? :)

rphetteplace
05-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Paint was slightly behind what Mike had anticipated. The first batch or two were due late last week-early next week. Mike is moving along quickly now after a couple weeks of dealing with family related personal issues.

I'm tied in knots trying to decide what I want now, and my number is coming up! :)

moodster
05-31-2009, 03:22 PM
the Roadvagens probably put him behind some also...But no I emailed him about mine two weeks ago with a quick question and I never received a reply.
I assume that means he is working hard on them and not checking emails.

rphetteplace
05-31-2009, 06:23 PM
the Roadvagens probably put him behind some also...But no I emailed him about mine two weeks ago with a quick question and I never received a reply.
I assume that means he is working hard on them and not checking emails.

2 weeks ago was about when Mike was having all kinds of issues relating to his father's estate. Give him another shout he hit a major turbulant patch there for a bit.

moodster
05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
2 weeks ago was about when Mike was having all kinds of issues relating to his father's estate. Give him another shout he hit a major turbulant patch there for a bit.

I will, thanks..

Peter B
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Just let him build. They'll be ready when he's done. And your frame will be worth the wait.

Lurch
05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
I have no intention of bugging him until he asks for my spec sheet. Doesn't mean I can't do a bit of obsessing while waiting. Christmas eave jitters is half the fun!

yashcha
06-01-2009, 03:54 AM
Hi all, I too am waiting for a tenth anniversary frame and I am pretty sure I am frame #10, so in the second batch. I wrote to him twice, maybe once last month and once 2 weeks ago, but no response. I am glad to see that I am not the only one ansy about getting a killer new frame for summer and fall riding!

I am torn between getting a really nice fender possible D2R2/battenkill/dirt riding fun frame for wider tires, or a super fast racing machine...I already have an alph gs 40 fork ready for the racing style frame!

Okay, off to Nicaragua and honduras for two weeks without internet, so at least I can not worry about the frame then...

yashcha
06-18-2009, 08:21 AM
My Desalvo 10V is currently at the paint shop, so I have heard. :beer:

But sighhhh, 3 weeks at the paint shop. :crap:

Volant
06-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Received this pic today. Some folks will have big smiles soon!

Peter B
06-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey Volant I got that email today too. Sounds like my spot is coming up next week.

I'll be riding to Seattle from 7/4-16 on Wheels North (http://wheelsnorth.org) and have a layover day in Ashland on 7/10. I talked to Mike last week about stopping by to visit him and see the shop. With a little luck my frame will be in some state of build. Hoping to shot a few photos regardless while I'm there and will post what I can when I return.

Rest assured the bikes will be worth the wait!

Peter

gearguywb
06-27-2009, 06:09 AM
I am sooo kicking myself for being too late to get in on this deal. Great looking frames.

-dustin
06-27-2009, 08:25 AM
In my brief experiences with Mike so far, I greatly appreciate that he returns calls. That's more important to me than replying to emails.

rphetteplace
06-27-2009, 01:17 PM
geez this will be my 7th DeSalvo and I didn't even get an e-mail ;)

Trust me guys his bikes are sweet and at the price unbelievably so.

yashcha
07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Fedex tracking claims that my DeSalvo frame should be coming in tomorrow. :beer:

Since I know many of you guys are waiting for some pictures, I will post a bunch of them tomorrow afternoon.

Yash.

SpeedyChix
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing it!!

yashcha
07-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone, I know there are a bunch of you guys waiting for some pictures, so here are 2 that I quickly took on the iPhone before having to go back to work...

I will try to take a bunch this weekend and put it in the Desalvo gallery of the forum.

Some quick notes.

I have had 2 other Desalvo framesets. The first one back in 2002 or so.

I hope to take some more time tonight to look at all the crazy shaped tubing, but the frame is TIGHT.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f331/yashcha/Desalvo2.jpg
Apparently I am a ten out of ten.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f331/yashcha/Desalvo1-1.jpg

rphetteplace
07-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Very Cool!

gearguywb
07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Outstanding.

Waiting...waiting

Peter B
07-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Nice!

I had the chance to stop by Mike's shop last week as I rode through Ashland on my way to Seattle. He's an easy going, great guy. Spent some time talking bikes and building. Got to watch him braze track ends to the chainstays, finish mitering tubes and jig up my frame for welding. He had several finished 10 AE frames hanging on the wall. I'll post up some pics in a few days when I get back to California.

Folks are going to like these!

wtex
07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
You lucky dogs.
There's a DeSalvo gallery? What's the link?

rphetteplace
07-15-2009, 11:24 PM
You lucky dogs.
There's a DeSalvo gallery? What's the link?

just do a search on my name ;0

scrooge
07-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone, I know there are a bunch of you guys waiting for some pictures, so here are 2 that I quickly took on the iPhone before having to go back to work...

I will try to take a bunch this weekend and put it in the Desalvo gallery of the forum.

Some quick notes.

I have had 2 other Desalvo framesets. The first one back in 2002 or so.

I hope to take some more time tonight to look at all the crazy shaped tubing, but the frame is TIGHT.
]

Fantastic! What are the build plans?
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to use black or silve bits...

yashcha
07-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I have this planned...and my build is about 60% finished.

Friday afternoon = 3 hours in the basement putting it all together.

Fork: Alpha GS40 with Hup Team decals
Headset: King Red Sotto Voce
Stem: 3T 110mm Arx team
Bar: Ritchey Classic 42cm
Saddle: Specialized Phenom SL 143mm
Seatpost: Eriksen Ti (Thanks Hampsten!)
Crankset: SRM Dura Ace Cransket 39-53
BB: Ultegra Octalink
Chain: Sram 1030
Pedals: Dura Ace 7750
Sram Rival Drivetrain
Tape: Fizik Silver Microtex Bar tape
Wheels: Chris king hubs laced to velocity aerohead rims, bontrager tires all black

I think that should be it. I like to have a black stem and silver seatpost combo.

Seriously, EVERY tube on the frame has been shaped, the chainstays are HUGE...

And of course, the welds are small and beautiful.

Definitely worth the wait, and an AMAZING value.

rsa
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
post pics soon........ :)

Cantdog
07-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Yash, you really don't need a SRM--get some edge wheels for cross instead.