PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Lord Seatpost

bkboom123
05-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I got my carbonLord seatpost today in the mail, and all I can say is wow.

The finish is just as good as other more expensive carbon posts I have had. The weight for being a 350 in length is outstanding for the price range, or any for that matter.

I got a little antsy and emailed the company yesterday, a holiday, looking for a tracking number. I received an email 27 mins later answering all my questions and offering help and assistance. It is nice to see that companies do care about the customer, even after they have your money.

I will be buying from them again.......There is something about buying a product from a smaller company that seems to care, its a pleasant change.

:beer:

mike p
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM
I really don't understand why there not more popular.

Mike

John M
05-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I really don't understand why there not more popular.

Mike

Nothing against the product quality or the company, but I think "carbon lord" sounds stupid. Just my opinion.

dave thompson
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Nothing against the product quality or the company, but I think "carbon lord" sounds stupid. Just my opinion.
Sabin West dubbed himself 'CarbonLord' years ago when he began selling carbon fiber products when CF was in it's infancy and before it became popular. His items are as good as most and better than many. I've bought stuff from him for several years now and have been more than satisfied with both his goods and his customer service. Both, IMO, are first class. He can call himself anything he likes as far as I'm concerned.

bkboom123
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM
without a doubt a company I will do business with again.....just trying to spread the good word about my experience. I was told to check them out from a post I had last week. Once again the forum comes to my rescue with this great product/company

TimD
05-27-2009, 05:23 AM
CL's crankset is appealing. Anyone have experience with it?

Thanks!
Tim

duke
05-27-2009, 06:40 AM
I think the CL products would be more popular if he charged more for them. If Easton gets $200.00 for a post how can these be good?
Kind of like the stuff Rapha sells. Way overpriced so it must be good....
Just a mini rant inspired by the second cup of coffee.
duke

FMS_rider
05-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks bkboom123 and others for the heads up on this brand. I am curious about what little guys like this can do to increase their exposure and market? If he were to advertise to an extent that most of us would be aware of his brand would that bring the cost of his stuff up to 'what it is worth'? Admittedly I am a loner but I read everything bike-related that I can get my hands on and am puzzled how he has been around for so long and I had not heard of him. Or perhaps wealth is not his primary goal? (subcribes to the traditional rather than the current American Dream?) Does anyone know him?

bkboom123
05-27-2009, 12:16 PM
After an email I had sent him thanking him for the great product and service, he responded with a statement saying that he is "just a one man show, and an enthusiast just like the rest of the riders out there". He went on to thank me for my business and was very appreciative.

Seems to me he is just doing what he loves.....

SpeedyChix
05-27-2009, 02:34 PM

Thanks!
Tim

I'm still running square taper carbon crank that I got from him years ago. I'd buy from him again. No experience with the integrated ones yet.

The square taper crank I have looks much like other branded cranks of that time.

dave thompson
05-27-2009, 02:45 PM

Thanks!
Tim
I've been running a CL crank for two years now. The shifting is great and no issues with anything else.

PaMtbRider
05-28-2009, 10:21 AM
I bought a set of compact octalink cranks from him several years ago and was impressed with the quality. I think there is real value to be had with this company.