PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day!!!

1happygirl
05-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Hope most everyone is off work (I'm not--boo) and gets in a lot of riding. Please tell everyone what you are planning and end up doing.

A special thanks to all the servicemen and women who sacrificed and gave lives and service to our country!!!! We couldn't have this forum and all we hold dear without them. We remember and salute you.

Ahneida Ride
05-25-2009, 07:47 PM
A special thanks to all the servicemen and women who sacrificed and gave lives and service to our country!!!! We couldn't have this forum and all we hold dear without them. We remember and salute you.

Amen ..

Sandy
05-26-2009, 12:45 AM
+1,000

Sandy

rwsaunders
05-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Sorry for the late post, Vets.

Here's a pic from our local parade. Side note....the former Marine holding the colors is wearing his dress blues......from 1968.

avalonracing
05-26-2009, 08:12 AM
Small town parades seem so... genuine.

rugbysecondrow
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
That is what I miss about my hometown in the middle of Illinois. You would actually see the people you knew out there in the parade. Growing up and going into the military was something that many people did, numberous friends and family members (including myself) who did that and didn't think twice about it. It was an option like going to college or going into the trades. Unfortunatly, where I live now, it seems that going into the service is something that somebody else somewhere else does. Parades like this seem somewhat contrived here. What do you think Avalon? Maybe I am being overly nostalgic and judgemental.

rwsaunders
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
More photos from yesterday...it is a great event and our family looks forward to it every year. The 11:00 am flyover by the local ANG helps too.....

steelrider
05-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Watched a show last night on PBS, "Hallowed Ground." Very powerful; about American Military Cemeteries that are overseas. In both WW 1 and II, 40% of families opted to bury their loved ones abroad.