PDA

View Full Version : Continental Olympic tire -- their best -- brand new

05-25-2009, 12:13 AM
I have a brand new Continental Olympic tire, the top of the Conti line, brand new without any marks, shopwear, or any kind of cosmetic or physical damage. Brand new, and looking newer than you would probably find it in the store. It's 700C and is nominally a 19 mm tire but actually a bit wider. Conti has their most experienced ladies make this one entirely by hand, and the quality is quite remarkable. It's the standard tire for most of the European winter six-day races and is quite common in major time trials and triathlons because of its superb rolling resistance and suppleness. They don't make another tire quite like this one. It's priced, unbelievably, at $290 per tire. You see them occasionally at about $190 per tire. I'm selling this one for $120. Never glued, never touched, directly from Conti. If you want an incredible racing tubular, this is it. Please ping with any questions. Thanks!

cdn_bacon
05-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Careful with this statement..

Conti has their most experienced ladies make this one entirely by hand,

cdn_bacon

05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks. Just the comment I'd expect from a Canadian. But hey, it's tubular, isn't it?

Back to subject: These are the tires that Zabel rode for most of his six-day wins, and he bought them himself to ride in the big Tour time trials.