PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Rentals?

djg
01-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Something tells me that I've seen a post on this before but a quick search didn't help. Do any Bay Area riders know of places to rent road bikes? I'll be in SF for a few days starting the 5th, and although I'll be occupied most of my time there, I wouldn't mind trying to sneak out some morning for a ride if possible.

Skrawny
01-01-2005, 02:50 PM
"Mike's Bikes" rents aluminum Specialized Allez road bikes for $30 per day (24hr). I have rented one for a friend from the Sausalito shop, but they also have a shop in SF. <mikesbicyclecenter.com> They have several sizes available, but it is first come, first serve. I do not know if there are others who rent.

If I may ask: what, when, where do you plan on riding?

Steve800
01-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Something tells me that I've seen a post on this before but a quick search didn't help. Do any Bay Area riders know of places to rent road bikes? I'll be in SF for a few days starting the 5th, and although I'll be occupied most of my time there, I wouldn't mind trying to sneak out some morning for a ride if possible.

Try:
Lobardi Sports 415-771-0600
VALENCIA CYCLERY (415) 550-6600
AVENUE CYCLERY (415) 387-3155

99% sure it was Lobardi Sports (this past September) where I rented a Trek 5200 for $200 for 2 weeks. With Sausalito right across the bridge, there is a lot of great riding.

djg
01-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I have no concrete plans. Or rather, I'm booked for a few things in particular during my four days out there and need to be open to certain others. So this will need to be a seat-of-the-pants operation. But I think I'll have some free time at some point and I'd really like to sneak in some sort of a ride, if only a short spin for a couple of hours.

I spent a summer (quite a while back) working in Berkeley, so I've done some riding on that side of the bay. And I can recall trips where we rented "mountain" bikes and toodled around the park and across the bridge, etc. Open to suggestions.

jel
01-02-2005, 09:30 PM
There are places on Fisherman's Wharf that rent hybrids, I've seen lot of them crossing the bridge.