PDA

View Full Version : How tough are you Serotta gals and guys???

Sandy
01-15-2004, 08:12 AM
How tough are you Serotta gals and guys? How about a group ride today in Mt. Wahington, New Hampshire? It is presently -30 degrees, with a wind chill of -76 degrees. I promise to supply the iced lemonade if and when you thaw out in late June or July.

Well, any takers????

Chilling in Maryland,

Sandy

Sandy
01-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Happy Birthday Spoke. You really are getting quite old. Enjoy many wonderful years in the future. Yes, I know- "Step away from the bike". I really would like to go to North Carolina to visit you, Pete, the Negotiator, and King Bailey.

Dandy Sandy

Kevan
01-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Sandy!

Keva. .ere! I'm pres.ently up on to. of Mt. Wash...ton, .ere wi.. Mike.ets.

Sorr.... weath condi...s are such .hat my Interne.. connections are p-poor. I hope you can r.... this!

Mike, the son of a .... insisted we .ut our Cal...s to the tes..

I'm afra...condit...s are getting orse! I jus. .ost bo.. my wa... ottles! Mike!....

elp!!!

gwk
01-15-2004, 08:32 AM
After you guys go riding in New Hampshire you are welcome to go for a thaw out ride in Denver.....it's supposed to be 68 degrees here today!!! Hmmmm.....I think I'll go for a ride. George

BumbleBeeDave
01-15-2004, 08:37 AM
. . . to go to Mt. Washington. It's supposed to be wind chill of -40 here in Schenectady by dark.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBDDDDDDDavve!

Bill Bove
01-15-2004, 08:39 AM
It was pretty cold here this morning too. 49, when I went out to ride at 6am. BRRRR.

Sandy
01-15-2004, 09:10 AM
gwk and Bill Bove are MEAN PEOPLE!!!!

Kevin
01-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Sandy,

I am at the top of Mount Washington with Kevan. Where are you? Where is the lemonaid?

Kevin

Sandy
01-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Kevan,

Have no fear. Dandy Sandy is here! There is going to be a warming trend sometime on Mt. Washington. Why don't you and Mike camp at the summit tonight and I promise to pick you up. Keep those Carbon Calfees warm for the night. I understand that at minus 75 degrees carbon fiber gets real brittle and starts to chip, flake, and literally fall apart. I'm getting my horse and carriage ready for the assault up Mt. Washington to save my Best Bud Kev and his friend Mad Mike. Gloria, where are the oats? I have to feed the horse.

I'm on my way! Wait for me! I'll bring a Saint Bernard and some :banana: :banana:

Search and Rescue SSS

Sandy
01-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Kevin too? Gloria, hitch up the mule also. We have another passenger. What does the mule like to eat?? BBDave won't be there, since those critters freeze in the cold.

Saving Serotta Land, SSS

bulliedawg
01-15-2004, 09:43 AM
S'pposed to be high of 56 today in Watkinsville. Oh, yeah.

theoldman
01-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Went for a short ride this morning, just to say I did it. The temperature was -33C with a windchill of -42C. It was so f*ing cold.

BumbleBeeDave
01-15-2004, 09:58 AM
. . . so let's see . . . you will have a guy in a Norma Kamali evening gown driving a horse and buggy, followed by a giant dog and two dancing bananas . . . THAT should be easy for Kevan, Kevin, and mikemets to spot!

Keep in mind that Mt. Washington IS a toll road, Sandy. You will need to bring some extra change for the dancing bananas.

BBDave

keno
01-15-2004, 11:58 AM
If I come to the Soup Ride this weekend and ride, you best be in attendance. Otherwise, I'll tell the world. Besides, it's time we did oldmano y oldmano hill climbs. What with all of your working out and the new Ottrott, you'll be dusting me off with ease. I'll likely be riding my plain, old Concours and not the new steel jumper.

keno

my2cents
01-15-2004, 12:51 PM
the news i saw last night at 11:15 pm said that windchill on top of mt washington was -103, with expectation that it could hit -150 tonight (thu night/fri morning)

Elefantino
01-15-2004, 01:19 PM
With one-sixth of the Earth's gravity, I can climb like Pantani.

On an old Schwinn Varsity.

(Which begs a thought: Has anyone considered having a Legend or CSI painted as a Varsity?)

Sandy
01-15-2004, 01:19 PM
-103 with a potential -150 is really quite remarkable. I have never heard of wind chill numbers that low.

Unfortunately for Kevan, Mike, and Kevin, my mule and my horse must have heard the weather reports for Mt. Washington, since they simply sat down on the highway just 45 miles from the start of my rescue mission. They refused to budge, so I shot each one, sold them to the local horse meat factory and rented two Polar Bears from the National Zoo to continue on this search and rescue trip. The Saint Berrnard is already drunk, from the keg he is carrying around his neck and I ate the :banana: :banana: a long time ago. The polar bears are quite large and are really starting to scare me as they keep looking around at me and are licking their lips, rather quickly, I must add.

I thought about just giving up, as I am already getting cold. Guess I must keep going since I must save my Best Bud Calfee Kevan. I haven't met Mike Mets yet, so although he really seems to be quite a wonderful guy, do I really care that much about him? Kevin is a lawyer, so if I don't save him, who is REALLY going to care anyway? I already know what, or should I say who, the polar bears are going to eat for din din, once we reach those idiots on the summit. It won't be me, or Mike, or my Best Bud Calfee Kevan. Guess I will leave it at that.

I don't want Kevin to find out that I am bringing the lemonade as he requested, but it is for the Polar Bears, Hungry and Hungrier, as they requested. I think they are planning to drink it to help wash down their din din (Kevin-one less lawyer to worry about).

I'm on my way!!

SPOKE
01-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Sandy,
thanks for the b-day wishes. no need to "step away from the bike" any more since you upgraded to the Ottrott ST.

when you get thru with the ride up Mt washington be sure to send me a picture from the top. i want proof!!

just to rub it in a little i just got finished a ride this afternoon on my track bike. getting a little chilly down here but today was the best chance for getting in a ride outside before the mess hits late tomorrow/saturday.

Kevin
01-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Sandy,

Save me, forget Kevan and Mike. I am a dog person. I have an eleven year old mutt, part husky, part akita. When she was having problems with one of her rear legs I arranged for an artificial hip and knee. It cost more than your Ottrott and my Ottrott combined. When she broke one of her teeth I got her root canal and a cap. Do you know that there are only 80 canine dentists in the entire world? Where else are you going to find someone that shares your love of Ottrotts and dogs. What do you think Kevan and Mike would do to an old sick mutt? Save me, let the Polar Bear eat the other two.

Kevin

victoryfactory
01-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Hello all from Bali. where it's 90 degrees at 9:00 am!

6:00am a little Yoga and meditation
6:30am run on the beach
7:00am a dip in the pool
7:30am Giant breakfast buffet
a tough schedule, I don't know how long I can keep this up.

I hear it's 7 degrees in NY...

Victory Factory, cross training in paradise, didn't bring a bike.

PS: my favorite hike up Mt Washington: up past Glen boulder to davis path, Past Lakes of the clouds hut and on to summit, but I wouldn't try it in winter, there's still plenty of snow up there in May!