PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year to Sandy & everyone

roadie7
01-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Sandy--Happy New Year to you and everyone else. The "clicking" was still there on the bike yesterday when I rode home. Perhaps you'll win the Nobel Prize if you figure it out.

Take care.

Sandy
01-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Roadie7 and I have the same problem. He has a Concours and I have an Ottrott. Both bikes make a clicking sound when we are off the saddle and climbing a hill. It occurs once per pedal stroke on the downward portion of the stroke. My noise seems to on the non-drivetrain side. His is the reverse.

I have tried 2 sets of pedals, two sets of wheels, and 2 pair of shoes (no Kevan, not all at the same time). I took my bike to the LBS and it was examined carefully by the shop guru. He noticed that the bottom bracket could be tightened on more securely on the drivetrain side. He said the noise was not from the front deraileur that a few had suggested. He found nothing else wrong. My bike is now clicking a little more than before. I have noticed that now I sometimes hear a click right after I stop appying torque to the pedals.

Roadie7 has tightened up everything on his bike and the clicking is still there. I have over 6,000 miles on my bike. He has much less. Neither bike had the click initially.

The clicking goes on and on and on.....

Any more suggestions?

Thanks!!

Sandy

Climb01742
01-01-2005, 06:09 AM
earplugs? :rolleyes:

Sandy
01-01-2005, 06:33 AM
I need hearing aids, not earplugs.

Speedy Sandy

cycleman_21