PDA

View Full Version : B&B in Newburyport MA?

dnades
05-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Looking for a good B&B in the Newburyport MA area. Somewhere that has private parking or a way to keep bikes secure while out and about during the evening.

thanks

john

Ken Robb
05-20-2009, 09:41 AM
look at bedandbreakfast.com for info and special price offers on B and Bs around the world.

quansoo
05-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I live in Newburyport.

Don't know much about local B & Bs but there is a nice inn on Center Street called the Compass Rose. see compassrosenewburyport.com. it's right across the street from one of the better restaurants in town, Ten Center Street. see tencenterstreet.com.

I've seen a sign for a B & B that looks like it might be okay but can't recall the name. I'll look in the next day or so and get back to you.

Bruce K
05-20-2009, 05:00 PM
When will you be there?

There are some group rides out of the local shop, Riverside Cycle.

COntact them or check out www.ecvcycling.org - the website for Essex County Velo, our local club.

You might also want to check the site for The North Shore Cyclists to see where they're going when you are in town.

BK

dnades
05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
thanks for the responses! We'll be in town on July 12th or 13th coming back from Acadia National Park. We'll have a bunch of camping gear and bikes on the car so I am looking for a place to be able to secure the bikes without having to worry about them on the back of the car. Or offending an innkeeper. Thanks for all your responses and also the tip on the restaurant. :)

quansoo
05-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Don't know about parking/security issues but also see 167 Water B & B (which is on the river) and Essex Street Inn (which is in the center of town). They would both probably be less expensive than the Compass Rose (which is a few blocks from the center of town).

Enjoy your trip.

capybaras
05-22-2009, 04:57 AM
I know someone on Plum Island who rents her home for part of the summer. Not sure if she would do just 2 days but I could ask. It's a beautiful location, you can walk to the beach, the bird watching is fantastic, as is the scenery. And just a short drive or bike ride over the bridge to get into the town.