PDA

View Full Version : Wheelsucker Award for this week . . .

BumbleBeeDave
05-18-2009, 09:32 PM
. . . goes to Giro race organizer Angelo Zomegnan, who had this comment after riders soft-pedaled to course on Stage 9, a circuit in downtown Milan that included such conditions as cars parked on the course, marked only by police tape, numerous rail line crossings, and 25 turns and funneled from wide, two-lane segments into narrow corners.

“This circuit was explosive, full of bursts, and required you to get your ass off the seat. But it seems like certain riders who aren’t so young anymore didn’t want to do that. Today, the riders’ legs were shorter and their tongues grew.”

Gee, I wonder who he was talking about? I wonder if he's ever done any research into the results of pi**ing off LA? :eek:

BBD

rwsaunders
05-19-2009, 07:13 AM
After the protest, Angelo invited Lance to meet a few of his friends in Sicily......

William
05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
After the protest, Angelo invited Lance to meet a few of his friends in Sicily......

peanutgallery
05-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Got to hand it to the Pro's for standing up a bit. One pic that I saw was a cobbled left hand turn (90 degree) that crossed trolley tracks that went in the same direction as the street they had turned on to. Imagine riding with 175 people on a street with 2 or 3 sets of tracks running down the middle, fun.

Expected in a Twilight Weekend amateur race, not the Giro