PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Nevada Team kit

Todd Owen
12-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I have been waiting for a long time for the GREEN Sierra Nevada 2004 team jerseys with the SEROTTA on the side, Sierra Nevada and Wells Fargo on the front of the jersey. Colorado Cyclist--- I don't think ever got them in stock and today I saw them on the Sierra Nevada web site (the beer that is) at the gift shop. I understand they are adding a new sponser next year and just picked up a 2004 jersey. just another jersey with the serotta name. I am sorry if this is old news and has been covered before but I was excited at the idea. I recently saw about 6 of the team bikes and they are awesome. If I repainted by serotta bikes each time I saw a new color scheme I liked I would always have them at the shop being repainted. The color of the team frame is not exactly the porsche green just a bit darker. I have a 1974 Bronco Ranger in what I call park service green that is close to the color. happy new year to all!!!!

Smiley
12-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey Todd , don't forget the Forumites will be sponsors of the new team , as such I think William and Serotta are developing a logo that represents US and includes the Davis Phinney domain , This my friend is the Jersey to BUY . Then you too can say you had a hand in the Serotta team sponsorship .

Bruce K
12-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Smiley;

That would require that they were made available to those of us that might want them early in the season.

Sierra Nevada seems to generally sell their previous year's kit and not their current one.

Maybe this is something that Alyson could find out if it is even possible.

BK

RichMc
12-31-2004, 01:15 AM
OK. We can get the team jerseys. We can wear the team jerseys when we ride. We can even have our bikes painted in replica team colors. Now for the most basic question. Who out there drinks Sierra Nevada? I, for one, love the Pale Ale and always have at least a 12 pack in the frig. When it's on sale I've been known to have 3 or more 12 packs stashed. Great stuff! Especially after a hard ride. In fact, I think more than a few will go down New Year's Eve. Happy New Year to you all! :beer:

Bill Bove
12-31-2004, 07:36 AM
We keep Tecate' :beer: and Heineken :beer: in the fridge at the shop, but then we're not a Serotta dealer and the bodega next to us doesn't stock Sierra Nevada :beer: . When I'm out on the town I usually like Sam Adams :beer: but I hear that the folks at Budweiser :butt: thought that Sam :beer: was too good a beer to have on the market so they bought it and are going to allow it slowly die.

Maybe if things don't work out for S.N. and Ofoto this year we can talk Ben into working with Anchor Steam :D :beer: :D next year :beer:

Climb01742
12-31-2004, 07:39 AM
gee, bill, do you like beer? :p

Bruce K
12-31-2004, 07:58 AM
The Sierra Nevada IPA is pretty good. The free six packs at Open House were VERY good.

We drink many of the Mercury Brewing products. They are a local micro-brewery with a USCF Time Trial Team (big time) and they sponsor many of our club's events. They also support several of the local big rides.

They have a wide variety of brews mostly under the "Stone Cat" label. (see www.mercurybrewing.com)

I guess I'm going to have to drink Michelob Ultra some as well. One of the club riders is the distributor and they stepped up BIG TIME to support the local Crank Brothers GP Cyclocross weekend.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2004, 09:57 AM
. . . does Molson have a bike team? :rolleyes:

Just asking, of course . . . I drink NOTHING but Sierra Nevada products . . . ;)

BBDave

Spinner
12-31-2004, 10:15 AM
hey bee man, i have a picture of you drinking a great lakes dortmunder at the '04 tdfl. what is NOTHING? what is is? what it is. :beer:

schneiderrd
12-31-2004, 10:46 AM
I didn't hear the one about Budweiser buying Sam Adams. They make a similar beer sold as Michelob Amber Bock. They Also sell Michelob Ultra cycling jursey and shorts made by Voler at their gift shops and on thier web site.

:beer:

BumbleBeeDave
12-31-2004, 10:54 AM
. . . aka “Headset” . . . Damn! I’m exposed! :crap:

Well, this is just yet ANOTHER item of proof for my contention that you are indeed engaged in a fiendish campaign to disrupt the forum by changing your name, then sneaking up on us all and sowing dissension wherever you can! :eek: ;)

BBDave

Skrawny
12-31-2004, 11:32 AM
My favorite beer (other than my home-brew) has to be Anchor Steam Beer, but I drink Sierra when I need or want a break from Anchor. I have been a beer snob ever since I started home-brewing while doing yeast research at the NIH :p .

I have been a fan of the Sierra bike team since I rode with the guys and found them very down to Earth and friendly. I feel bad that some of the Sierra guys got let go with the team merger though.

I, too, just bought a team jersey when I found out that they were joining Ofoto. I agree that the team bike looks pretty snazzy as well, and I'm a little afraid that the design will be messed up when joined with Ofoto (colors are orange and white I think). Does anyone have any idea what the new stuf will look like?
-skrawney

Bobbo
01-02-2005, 08:04 PM
I highly recommend the new beers from High Falls Brewing Company (formerly Genesee Brewing), JW Dundee's American Pale Ale and American Amber Ale.

http://www.highfalls.com/jwdundee/default.asp

You won't find better crafted brews anywhere!

Rumor has it they are sponsoring a bike team next year (amateur)..... :bike:

Too Tall
01-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Cool news on the Logo-wear. Has anyone ever tried Barman beer? It is the craft brew from ,of all people, Coors. Apparently it's only distributed within 90 miles of the factory. Everytime I'm in Co I head for Golden and line up for this awesome ale. It requires a slow draw and they even serve it in a real ale glass. Mmmm beeeer.

Ozz
01-03-2005, 05:02 PM
So does Redhook, Mac and Jacks, Pyramid, et al...

http://www.nwbrewpage.com/breweries.html

I will also say that on a hot day, nothing beats a Heinekin that's been on ice for a couple hours.

I also have fond memories of drinking many a properly pulled Guiness, at Murphy's pub on open 'mic' night....good times...I think :beer:

Beer is good.

jerk
01-03-2005, 05:52 PM
not a bad pilsner though. the jerk's recommendation if you're going to have more than seven.

Dekonick
01-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Lol - I love Jupiler on a warm day (it's never hot in Belgium - at least not that I ever remember...)

SN IPA is quite yummy - its one I often stock (dont drink much anymore...but)

Homebrew is either 1) awesome or 2) terrible.

Wanna try a good beer? Try Dekoninck (wonder where I got the name from? It was one of the first Belgian brew's I enjoyed after being cured of the American P*SSwater (Budweiser comes to mind....) taint.

Try Hoegaarden, Witte de Brugge, Rodenbach, and a good Geuze for a change of taste... but keep the SN IPA in da fridge for after your ride on yer Serotta in SN kit wear!

I guess this means they got my check in time...