PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami Aid 2

dbrk
12-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Sorry for putting this in a separate thread but I think it is important enough to warrant our attentions as the cycling community does its part to offer its support to the victims of the disaster in south and southeast Asia.

Jan Heine, editor of the Vintage Bicycle Quarterly, is donating all new and renewed subscription amounts to the aid fund. For those of you who may not be familiar with the VBQ, it is a wealth of resource and information about cycling history. Even if you don't ride oldstyle or old bikes this is a wonderful publication. You can find out more information by going here:
www.mindspring.com/~heine/bikesite/bikesite or you can contact Jan at this email address: heine93@earthlink.net

I hope these notes have been of some interest to folks. Serottafolk are generous in spirit; this has been unflagging experience. I know you are all making your own efforts; these are just ideas.

dbrk

dauwhe
12-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Rivendell (www.rivbike.com) is donating all profits from phone and web sales today (December 30) to Tsunami relief.

dauwhe
12-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Sorry! I just saw the other thread which mentioned Riv.

PaulE
12-30-2004, 06:48 PM
but this is especially important. This morning I finalized my 2004 charitable contributions with donations to some of the organizations assisting in this terrible disaster. Recently looking at the pictures of your new Mariposas and that new Alex Singer, and reading about Technical Trials and Cycles Tournesol has piqued my interest in this topic. Now Jan Heine's generous offer has convinced me to sign up.

dbrk
12-30-2004, 09:11 PM
Just an update: Rivendell will be sending more than 6K to a relief fund and Jan says there were a number of new subscriptions and renewals today, all the proceeds of which will go to relief.

Small things make big differences.

dbrk