PDA

View Full Version : New off-road pedal wanted

Erik.Lazdins
05-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I need some help!!

I ride Keo's on the road bike and up until this morning Candy SLs on the Riv-rain machine - after 3 years of rain riding the pedal broke this morning.

I'm looking for a new off road pedal what I'm looking for is:

A precise disengagement point - sort of like the Keo
Good mud shedding
good performance - feels like your riding on a pedal

What pedals do you like?

Thanks!
Erik

keithreynolds
05-16-2009, 02:56 PM
I love TIME Atac. Happy customer since before the time of Crank Bros. I wanted to keep my original pair, but the guy who bought my mtb wanted them since they functioned flawlessly. Can't say that about much after 4k mtb miles. Have used several pair now (alum, world cup, XS, etc).

Kirk Pacenti
05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
There are other MTB pedals besides the Time ATAC? :p

Cheers,

KP

djg
05-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Don't listen to them. I like the Time ATACs (although I use them for cross -- don't ride mtb).

d_douglas
05-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I have used ATACs for years. I tried Crank Brothers because I like the design of them, but in the end, the TIMEs felt better - they have a similar mechanism, but the TIMEs are more solid when clicking in and out.

Just my 2 cents...

Charles M
05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
There are other pedals besides Time... Thankfully because I don't like the engagement and think them a little less than adequate at shedding.

I like Crank brothers but don't like the side to side slipage.

Look's Quartz are the pedal I am using now.

false_Aest
05-16-2009, 04:50 PM
The ultimate pedal was the Shimano 858s.

Just sayin'

Der_Kruscher
05-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Are you using the '09 version with the improved bail? I'm waiting for a co-worker to give up our shop's test pedals. He said that he is somewhat prone to catching his cleat on the first rather than second part of the spring when remounting (Times have the ramp to prevent this) but he likes them otherwise.

There are other pedals besides Time... Thankfully because I don't like the engagement and think them a little less than adequate at shedding.

I like Crank brothers but don't like the side to side slipage.

Look's Quartz are the pedal I am using now.