PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Look Bi-Material cleats...

bulliedawg
12-29-2004, 12:59 PM
they're supposed to reduce the squeak. Do they work as advertised? I'm thinking of buying a pair.

Thanks!

Spicoli
12-29-2004, 01:47 PM
I dont have boat load of miles on them but they seem a little smoother ie;slippery. As far as noise I have not ridden them long enough to say. As a heads up I've been using Looks for some time and I found that the best way to make them shut up is to take any old car wax (turtle wax) and a Q-tip and apply it to the pedal where ever it contacts the cleat. Just coat the contact points and you will be noise free for quite a while. This has worked perfectly for me, just coat em and go, you dont want to wipe it off or at least I dont and you dont even have to be neat because if you get sloppy you just wipe it down and you have a nice shiny pedal waiting for more wax. I think Look basically did this with the teflon portions of the new cleats (same concept). So my guess is that they should hold up. Give it a go.

bulliedawg
12-29-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks, dude!

OBSteve
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I finally replaced my pair of Look pedals (the white and black ones) from the early eighties with the new keo. Twenty years of great service cant say enough about them. I couldnt believe it when I swapped them out and had one in one hand and one in the other. Big difference in weight. I havent had any problems with any noises. Quiet as a mouse.