PDA

View Full Version : PAINT my fenders + pump to match my INDY FAB?!

raygunner
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Hey there!

I just picked up my new INDY FAB touring frame...hoooray! It broke the bank but I'm ready to start planning the build and pimp the bike.

Anyways, I wanted to have my fenders + pump match the frame...anyone know who'd be best at doing such a paint job?

pdbrye
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah, how about IF...

false_Aest
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Seriously????

(edited because I'm drinking Sov. Blanc)

raygunner
05-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah, how about IF...

Really!?

My guy at the shop told me they won't do small stuff like that!

PS - The painting of the fenders/pump is something I never considered when building the frame but now I'd really like to make it happen.

rdparadise
05-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Local body shop maybe? Just sayin.

Bob

cody.wms
05-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I'd call IF directly. If they wont do it, they should be able to give you a paint code. You could take it to a body shop or get a can of spray paint made in the correct color, if your feeling adventurous.

tuscanyswe
05-10-2009, 06:38 AM
i recently contacted if about a similar job (well stem and fork) to match my frame. They said any local painter would be able to match the paint with a good result using the paintcode from the IF site. Since im overseas that felt like a better solution so i I ended up going to a motorcycle painter. I felt MCpainters should have more experience with details than autopainters.

Will be a couple of weeks b4 i know the result but im sure it will be fine.

Gl and post pics when its complete

dogdriver
05-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Any local painter with a good reputation and a decent dust-free booth setup ought to be able to pull it off. Matching the color should be no problem (that's why they get the big bucks). Failing that, black powdercoat matches everything...