PDA

View Full Version : Bulliedawg's gonna be a Daddy...!

bulliedawg
12-28-2004, 09:01 AM
It's something we been wanting for a long time, and, God willing, late July will be touch down.

Been walking around with a smile on my face for the past two months. Strangers think I'm crazy. But I am the happiest man alive!!

coylifut
12-28-2004, 09:14 AM
I remember when I heard the heart beat for the first time. Instantly changed my life forever. I have two girls. One's my pride, the other's my joy.

Congrats to you and the Mrs.

Ray
12-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Congratulations!

Having kids will cut waaay into your riding time and other optional stuff, but you won't mind at all. There's nothing else like it.

-Ray

William
12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Congratulations B-Dawg! :banana:

It changes your life in many ways, but it's worth it all the way.

William

weisan
12-28-2004, 09:50 AM
What blessing!...get ready for some serious riding downtime :D ....but WHAT BLESSING!!! :p

Len J
12-28-2004, 10:04 AM
What blessing!...get ready for some serious riding downtime :D ....but WHAT BLESSING!!! :p

The most amazing moment of my life was when I first saw my daughter. It changes you, challenges you, grows you, and rewards you in ways you can never anticipate.

Congratulations to you and your wife.

Len

Kevin
12-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Congrats. Kids are great.

Kevin

Bruce K
12-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Congratulations bd.

As my best freind said once to me:

"A kid is the most important thing you will have in life, and it's the only one that DOESN'T come with an Owner's Manual."

Enjoy every moment.

BK

gasman
12-28-2004, 10:38 AM
It's something we been wanting for a long time, and, God willing, late July will be touch down.

Been walking around with a smile on my face for the past two months. Strangers think I'm crazy. But I am the happiest man alive!!

Congratulations Bulliedawg ,having kids is the best thing that will happen in your life or at least one of the best. Someone described it to me as living life in 2 dimensions before kids and suddenly you have your life become 3 dimensional and you never knew you had been missing the 3rd dimension. :banana:

Enjoy the trip and I hope all goes well.

Kevan
12-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Nothing like the pitter-patter of a little pup running about the house. Enjoy the housebreaking! :D

SGP
12-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Congratulations!!

My own children made me a better person. Enjoy.

dave thompson
12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
19 years ago, when my son was born, a massive shift in my life occured. 19 years of pride and joy, ups and downs, fun and pain, great moments and it's still happening. I wish I could do it all over again.

There is nothing like the smell of a new baby! (Poopy diapers notwithstanding :D )

All the best of the world for your new one, you and your wife!

cpg
12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Congratulations. You're life is changed forever and it's a good thing. Life takes on new and deeper meanings.

Curt (I got two and then a vasectomy) Goodrich

OldDog
12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
The only greater gift God has givin man than a woman, is a child. Cherish and love them both for as long as you live and you will die a rich man.

Sandy
12-28-2004, 02:17 PM
May your child be healthy and grow into someone like you, with your sense of right and wrong and caring.

You could always name your child after me. Sandy would work for a boy or a girl. What do you think???? :) :)

Sandy

Sandy
12-28-2004, 02:22 PM
"One's my pride, the other's my joy." I like that a lot.

For Kevan's parents, he was their last!! :D

Sandy

bulliedawg
12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Thank you Sandy and everybody for the kind words. I've never been concurrently so excited and so scared. I already felt that God had blessed me with health, a great life, and the most extraordinary woman in the world, but now I can't wait for the adventure to begin.

djg
12-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Fantastic news. You should rest up.

You should also practice. You are welcome to come by to take care of any or all of our three wonderful and, really, practically trouble-free, children, practically, give or take that is, in the meantime. They are beautiful and charming and clever and they will teach you a great deal. Really. You have no idea.

slowgoing
12-28-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd love to be in your shoes all over again. Congrats.

Kevan
12-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Why would you go and ruin such joyous news as to suggest using your name? I think you're confused with names that invoke "having character" rather those that are "being a character". :D

Me? I'm already hopeless, that's why I didn't suggest... :cool:

Dekonick
12-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Bullie - grats!

I am one month ahead of ya - and am sure I feel the same way.

Are you going to find out the sex? We go find out in 2 weeks... I am going nuts wondering......

I didn't believe everyone about the cut in ride time but I have already had my honey do list tripple...and it was too long before!

Oh well - I am certain it is the best thing to happen to me!

Again - Grats!!!

bulliedawg
12-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Bullie - grats!

I am one month ahead of ya - and am sure I feel the same way.

Are you going to find out the sex? We go find out in 2 weeks... I am going nuts wondering......

I didn't believe everyone about the cut in ride time but I have already had my honey do list tripple...and it was too long before!

Oh well - I am certain it is the best thing to happen to me!

Again - Grats!!!

Dekonick:

Congrats to you also!!! We're gonna let the gender be a surprise. But we get to hear the heart beat on Thursday, and I'm on pins and needles.

God bless.

Bullie.

Dekonick
12-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Its wild. Just wait until you see da critter on a sono - actually looking at that tiny speck fluttering away made it reality for me... It was unreal looking and actually watching the heart tick away. Especially neat for me as I used to do neonatal critical care - never clicked like this. Somehow its different when its your kid. Ill never treat pre term mom's the same ever again. (not that it was bad before...not at all - but I'll have a different appreciation for whats inside dat belly)

I wanted to wait to find out the sex but lost that battle...and if she is gonna know I WANT TO KNOW.

Good luck with all! Make her take her folic acid, avoid the ETOH at all costs...etc... :D

Speaking of mom to be - dont buy any expensive cycling gear w/o her knowing. I just bought a carbon compact (Excel sports is having a closeout deal on the FSA carbon compact pro's - ISA unfortunately...but at $199 for da cranks and $30 for the BB I couldnt resist)

She was PISSED - talked about how I need to curtail my cycling habbit for the kid etc...

I blame it on the hormones....

dbrk
12-29-2004, 07:44 AM
After Paris-Roubaix in 2000 when Johan Museeuw won (this was the year he pointed at his healed knee) in the Velodrome (and I was lucky enough to be there), he was asked how he won. He answered in English and it was delightful to hear him, charming really. He said, "You have to have the lucky. Without the lucky, well, you cannot win. Today I had the lucky." Or something close to that but the key term was "the lucky," that inexplicable, irrational, rather chaotic feature of a universe that dispenses its grace with a certain amoral certitude, as in, you got it or you didn't. You will need some of the lucky, ol'bulliedawg, but if you have just enough then you will have a blessing beyond all others. Good luck, 'cause you'll need some, and luck has a way of following around those who put in their best effort, as Johan showed us as well.

cycling history in a note of congratulations to keep the content level up to speed and note: no particular effort to "promote" another brand of bicycle or critique Serotta, hence safe from the moderator vigilantes, my goodness me,

dbrk

Climb01742
12-29-2004, 08:45 AM
bulliedawg--there's only one piece of parenting advice i feel qualified to pass on...don't worry about doing what is "right"...or what's "good" for your child...simply do the best you can at the given moment...you'll be right sometimes, wrong sometimes, patient sometimes, exhausted sometimes, enlightened sometimes, and an old fart sometimes. i'm a (failed) perfectionist in many aspects of my life...i started out trying to be the perfect parent...now i'm just trying to be the best dad i can be...if you act with love, you'll act like a parent, i think...good luck...and be sure to get a diaper genie!!!!!

Sandy
12-29-2004, 08:52 AM
No reason to be scared. Kevan's parents were scared, but they had a good reason. :)

Just be yourself.

S A N D Y

dirtdigger88
12-29-2004, 10:16 AM
congrats!!!! My son is turning 1 year old in two weeks- wow has the time flown by. It seem like only yesterday I was walking around in a daze because I was GOING to be a daddy- now I walk around in a daze because I AM a daddy- there is nothing better than kids

Jason

Sandy
12-29-2004, 11:51 AM
So what did you call your boy, Dusty or Dust, for short?

Perhaps you were clever and simply called him called him Dirtdigger, after you.
Then when he gets dirty (or dusty or sandy) in the sand box you could say:
Dirty Dirtdigger, stop digging that dirty dirt, Dirtdigger since digging that dirty dirt makes Dirtdigger's Dirtdigger a dirty dirtdigging Dirtdigger. Dig it?

Simpleton Still Shoveling Serotta Sandshovel Sandy

93legendti
12-29-2004, 12:13 PM
bulliedawg--there's only one piece of parenting advice i feel qualified to pass on...don't worry about doing what is "right"...or what's "good" for your child...simply do the best you can at the given moment...you'll be right sometimes, wrong sometimes, patient sometimes, exhausted sometimes, enlightened sometimes, and an old fart sometimes. i'm a (failed) perfectionist in many aspects of my life...i started out trying to be the perfect parent...now i'm just trying to be the best dad i can be...if you act with love, you'll act like a parent, i think...good luck...and be sure to get a diaper genie!!!!!

Congrats!!

My dad would have agreed with that advice.

The best advice I received and give:
1. 3 times makes a habit.
2. Never lose your temper or patience unless you do so on purpose and for effect and even then do it very sparingly.
3. No matter how good a parent your father was, try to be a little better.
4. Distraction to stop crying is a great tool.
5. You can never hold, kiss or hug a baby enough.
6. Parenting is about trust-- showing your child you will always be there for him/her.
7. Humor is better than anger every time -- I make a game/joke out of almost everything with my daughter from eating, changing diaper, shopping, bathing, etc.
8. Parenting is about sticking to a routine.

Tom Byrnes
12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Bullie and Dekonick - Let me join my fellow Forumites in congratulating you both. As you can already sense, having a child is the most wonderful thing that will ever happen to you (IMO). My daughter is in college now, but I still vividly remember the day she was born and how her birth forever changed how I viewed mysellf and life in general.

You guys are looking forward to the best part of life.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Tom

Jollymon
12-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey Bullie,

Another Serotta daddy in North Georgia!

Congratulations! There is absolutely nothing like fatherhood, as you soon will see.

It has been almost 8 years since my first one arrived, and the little guy still melts my heart every day.

Best wishes as you (and more importantly, your wife) go through the next several months.

RABikes2
12-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Congrats Bullie and Dekonick!

My 14 year old son is an amazing kid; truly delightful! From the day I found out I was pregnant, it changed my life. I LOVED being pregnant (I really enjoyed feeling different things happening to my body...what a rush). I was in labor for 56.5 hours before Andrew was born and if God had said I had to go another few hours, I would gladly have said, "Let's do it then". Every minute of it was worth it. And when you are handed your newborn, you will discover love that you could never even imagine existed. You have so many wonderful times ahead of you...ENJOY!

God bless and many warm wishes for happiness and health to you and your new little family!

RA

dirtdigger88
12-29-2004, 10:45 PM
So what did you call your boy, Dusty or Dust, for short?

Perhaps you were clever and simply called him called him Dirtdigger, after you.
Then when he gets dirty (or dusty or sandy) in the sand box you could say:
Dirty Dirtdigger, stop digging that dirty dirt, Dirtdigger since digging that dirty dirt makes Dirtdigger's Dirtdigger a dirty dirtdigging Dirtdigger. Dig it?

Simpleton Still Shoveling Serotta Sandshovel Sandy

His name is "Mudd" :p

Jason

Ozz
12-30-2004, 09:29 AM
Being a father is great, but WARNING, here is what keeps me off my bike:

PS - the problem is, I don't mind.....

amper
12-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Congratulations to you and your wife! The feeling of seeing them for first time will be etched in your mind forever. Last weekend I took the training wheels of my 3 ˝ year old son’s bike. He is now ridding by himself in our cul de sac. The smile and excitement when he said for the first time “Look Dad I’m riding on two wheels!” was priceless. Nothing beats watching your kids take on challenges in life and succeed. Good luck.

GoJavs
12-31-2004, 09:19 AM
I've got two little boys and they are fantastic. My 4-yr old is already talking about taking over the bike collection when he's old enough. Meanwhile, he rides around on his training wheels claiming he's Lance Hamster!!! :rolleyes:

Don
12-31-2004, 02:14 PM
My younger daughter and her family are visiting from Mass. The family is now three with the recent addition of my fifth grandchild, a beautiful, healthy young lady. B'Dawg, this is just the beginning! May you have as much happiness and pleasure from your first as I've had with my four children and five grandchildren.

TimB
01-02-2005, 06:01 AM
BullieDawg and Dekonick -

Seems as though we'll have three new Serottas on order this summer. My wife KT and I are awaiting a sibling for Sophia, due in mid-July. Sophia will be 2-1/2 then - I'm already afraid! She's a handful all be herself!

Congrats to both of you - the first one is truly a wonder. Every day Sophia seems capable of coming up with something else to amaze me.

J.M. White
01-02-2005, 10:32 AM
BD,

Congratulations! What's the over-under on the arrival date, and what assurances can we receive that the delivery date won't be manipulated for financial reasons?

You'll need a bigger car (maybe a stylish mini-van) and a trailer for your bike, not to mention non-essentials, like a ton of new furniture, etc. to keep Mom happy.

It's good to know you'll have another partner to ride with. I just put my 10 year old on his first road bike last week, and it was truly satisfying. You've a lot to look forward to.

I enjoyed our visit at the Tour de Ga. and hope to see you again.

With best regards,

J. White