PDA

View Full Version : OT: for those who straddle the fence...

William
05-07-2009, 06:20 AM
Anyone else have issues logging on across the hall? Most of the time I can view the site as a guest, but when I try to log in I get sent into a slogging perpetual round of waiting, then getting thrown to the portal page, or getting messages to "try later" since the server is full. Even when there are only five or six people logged in at 5:00 in the a.m. Occasionally when I do get in I might be able to open a thread but then I get tossed around again. I don't have issues logging on anywhere else, just across the hall.

Am I on some sort of double secret probation? ;)

William

LesMiner
05-07-2009, 06:22 AM
This may sound lame but where is across the hall?

moodster
05-07-2009, 06:24 AM
I have never had any problems?!

William
05-07-2009, 06:28 AM
This may sound lame but where is across the hall?

Here.... (http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum)

Wierd, just tried again and it ain't happening? :crap:

William

Ray
05-07-2009, 06:41 AM
I have never had any problems?!
I haven't either. Sounds like a technical problem.

-Ray

palincss
05-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Anyone else have issues logging on across the hall? Most of the time I can view the site as a guest, but when I try to log in I get sent into a slogging perpetual round of waiting, then getting thrown to the portal page, or getting messages to "try later" since the server is full. Even when there are only five or six people logged in at 5:00 in the a.m. Occasionally when I do get in I might be able to open a thread but then I get tossed around again. I don't have issues logging on anywhere else, just across the hall.

William

Some three or four weeks ago they had database problems. They haven't recovered. I'm almost never able to see messages there. Usually it's a blank screen or that photo of racers, sometimes a "database is busy" message.

gasman
05-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I haven't had a problem.

CNY rider
05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Do you log directly in to the Forum or go through the main page first?
I go directly to the Forum and don't have any problems getting in.

sspielman
05-07-2009, 07:46 AM
With all of that viral marketing that goes on they were bound to be affected by a virus sooner or later....

jlwdm
05-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Never any problems.

Jeff

rwsaunders
05-07-2009, 08:09 AM

William

Watch for the black helicopters... :cool:

William
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Interesting. I log on with my Mac, no issue. I log on with the PC and I end up in one of the rings of heck...6th I believe. :confused:

William

Ti Designs
05-07-2009, 03:44 PM
My legs aren't long enough to straddle the fence...

Keith A
05-07-2009, 04:02 PM
William -- I have been experiencing the exact same problems that you have been seeing. I keep thinking that it will get better, but it hasn't so far.

palincss
05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
For me, it got DRAMATICALLY better around lunch time, and it's still working fine now. No more lengthy delays, and now I can read messages. Whatever they did, I'm sure glad of it.

Peter P.
05-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Interesting. I log on with my Mac, no issue. I log on with the PC and I end up in one of the rings of heck...6th I believe. :confused:
William

Same with my iMac, Safari 3.2.1.

CNY rider
05-07-2009, 05:46 PM

William

Hey that gives me a cool idea for a TV commercial.
We could take a dorky looking guy and say he's a PC.
Then a cool looking hip guy and say he's a Mac.
Then we could show how the Mac does things so much better and make fun of the dorky PC guy.
Anyone here have Steve Jobs phone number? ;)

WadePatton
05-07-2009, 08:31 PM
My legs aren't long enough to straddle the fence...

that's why i have a short fence. ;)

and ne'er a problem over there (except once or twice when it was down, but that's not been in a while). i'm a heavy user, pc/mozilla.

Ahneida Ride
05-07-2009, 09:11 PM
So far no problems ....

But I am on Double Secret Probation over here.

and there goes that black suburban from the pedal preserve too.

Steevo
05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
No problems that I can recall. Mac (Safari) at home & windows (IE) at work.

KeithS
05-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Somebody got wind of your monkey and his fondness for football(s).

William
05-08-2009, 04:01 AM
Annyone wnat to buy a monkey? I'll throw in a free football. :D

PC (Explorer) at work, Mac (Firefox) at home.

William