PDA

View Full Version : Giro Coverage??

jimp1234
05-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Versus is not broadcasting the Giro, and cycling.tv is "still negotiating" with the Giro organization.. so it looks like the only video for the U.S. is from cyclingfans.com. Which is kinda of surprising to me given the so called "Lance factor"... Anyone know the scuttlebutt on this, or if there's someone coming in at the last minute to rescue the coverage for the U.S.??

Keith A
05-04-2009, 04:52 PM
I too was hoping the Lance Factor would get VS. to cover the Giro :( I have typically been able to get an RAI feed and there is a website that does a good job listing some options available. Check out http://www.steephill.tv/giro-d-italia/ when the Giro starts.

1centaur
05-04-2009, 06:00 PM
My biggest problem is that I can't watch live Net at work so I want to see a tape/TIVO when I get home. Not exactly set up to tape a stream, so I need professionally packaged highlights/last kilometers by evening. Will anybody on the Net have that? Such a shame that one of the potentially most interesting Giros in a long time can't get picked up by Versus, even on a highlights basis with Bob Roll or Craig Hummer talking over the Italian feed. That's going to create plenty of anti-Versus (irony?) feeling among the cycling community if the race turns out to be great.