PDA

View Full Version : Forum is back online . . .

BumbleBeeDave
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
As you can see, the forum is back online after some technical problems that interrupted service yesterday afternoon. Rest assured that all forum officials, employees, and Strategic Forum Command Forces are still on patrol for your cycling posting security and enjoyment.

I just spoke with Serotta Pete, who is being held at an undisclosed, yet secure location in the New Jersey hills during this uncertain time for the Forum. He offers his apologies for tripping over the cord . . . Now that the forum has come back online, he can be released. This is good, since apparently there were no cached supplies of Red in the bunker! ;)

Long live the Dancing Bananas! :banana: :banana: :banana:

BBD

thwart
05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Well, the cold sweats and tremors have been a little bothersome... and then that gnawing in the pit of my stomach...

But now that I can finally get my fix, I think I'll be OK. :D

Bytesiz
05-01-2009, 12:33 PM
As we all stared at the "There seems to have been a slight problem with the database." message, I thought, hmmm I wonder if the automatic email is not actually being set to the Technical Staff, like it says it is. So, I try to send a message to said Techincal Staff (alyson@serotta.com), but my message bounces. Hmmm, okay. So I go the the Contact Us page on the main Serotta site and find a webmaster@serotta.com address. That should do the trick and I send a message there. It also bounces? This is when I begin to wonder if something terrible is happening in NY. I finally am able to send a message to info@serotta.com. It does not bounce. Whew!

So, just an FYI... neither of those addresses work right now.

BumbleBeeDave
05-01-2009, 12:49 PM
That indeed needs to befixed. Alyson hasn't been there for quite a while. I've alerted the people who need to know.

BBD

Bart001
05-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I was worried about an outbreak of Titanium Flu(tm). I'm glad that wasn't it!

konstantkarma
05-01-2009, 02:59 PM
So does this mean that I can stop hitting the refresh button? My thumb is getting sore!

rwsaunders
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I thought that perhaps BBDave was holding the crew in Saratoga hostage, until he got his own sticky. :cool:

Pete Serotta
05-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Gang, I am at CYCLESPORT In Parkridge NJ working on there computers and network/lan. (THEY HAD A FIRE LAST WEEK AND HAD TO MOVE TO A NEW LOCATION!!) We have not had internet till about an hour ago. Thankyou Keith, Serotta Dave, and BB Dave for managing us thru this. It was a technical problems and our management processes are in need of some real surgery. (I have this to do and will get BEN "pleasant"on RED and then get his signature to change them).

THanks again for your patience and support......PETE

capybaras
05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
BBD

+1 :banana:

chuckroast
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I got the shakes last night.

BumbleBeeDave
05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
. . . If this means you are coming up to Saratoga to ply Ben with expensive Red, please let me know when you're arriving. I keep missing you when you come up here. That's not on purpose, is it, Pete? . . . Pete? . . . PETE?? . . .

Sigh . . .

BBD

maunahaole
05-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Pete: please set up a "ply Ben with Red" donation button, place it on a sticky. If you are going to ply, we can probably all chip in so that you ply well. I'm guessing that this problem will take more than one bottle of the good stuff.

joelh
05-01-2009, 08:26 PM
There was nothing on the internet, I read a book last night!

Tyler Evans
05-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I was actually stuck inside the forum, a very scary place.... :eek:

kipjac
05-02-2009, 07:50 PM
As you can see, the forum is back online after some technical problems that interrupted service yesterday afternoon. Rest assured that all forum officials, employees, and Strategic Forum Command Forces are still on patrol for your cycling posting security and enjoyment.

I just spoke with Serotta Pete, who is being held at an undisclosed, yet secure location in the New Jersey hills during this uncertain time for the Forum. He offers his apologies for tripping over the cord . . . Now that the forum has come back online, he can be released. This is good, since apparently there were no cached supplies of Red in the bunker! ;)

BBD
Funny that you mentioned Serotta Pete tripping over the power cord; just yesterday while at work, we had a patient brought into the unit who was connected to a Heartmate II, A.K.A, an LVAD, or Left Ventricular Assist Device. He was pretty chronically sick, but stable, and the perfusionist came out with him to assure the machine was plugged into the wall and all controls were running as necessary.

Well, in the course of getting the patient settled in after his surgical procedure, I inadvertantly got my foot tangled up in the power cord and yanked it out of the wall socket. The LVAD immediately began emitting a very loud and high pitched staccato alarm note.

The perfusionist, a guy named Rocky, just about jumped out of his scrubs, yelling PLUG IT BACK IN! PLUG IT BACK IN!

Never mind that the machine was humming along perfectly fine on battery power, but Rocky didn't want to take any chances and the sound of the alarm sent a shot of adrenaline through him.

I calmly plugged the cord back into the wall and all was fine. I told Rocky he moved pretty quickly for a old guy (he's 43).