PDA

View Full Version : a bit of a collector's item on RBR

eddief
12-26-2004, 06:26 PM
This is just a hair too tall for me, but looks quite nice for a certain collection. I have never seen Shimano 600 parts of this vintage and they also look sweet. I emailed the seller and he says chain stays are 42 and HT is 21. A late Xmas gift for someone you like, or someone like you.

http://classifieds.consumerreview.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.pl?db=Road&website=RoadbikeReview&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=49005&query=retrieval

dbrk
12-26-2004, 08:13 PM
The pantographing, drilled levers, and engraving on the derailleurs is really beautiful. The quality of this bike is at least as good as any Italian bike of this era but is likely to sell for far less simply on the basis of reputation (if it sells at all...).

dbrk
can't seem to give away my Legend on eBay, though I think my pals are putting in a good word just to encourage things...

jerk
12-26-2004, 11:30 PM
sorry guys, the jerk has to disagree...that bike is awful. bad tubing-made adequetly out of bad geometry...if you want japanese garbage designed by some american scum bag product manager trying to cash in on a non existent bike boom buy a lotus. at least they had frames that weighed less than 6 pounds. (althouh one thing about a horrible univega, they'll never break!)
jerk

CJH
12-27-2004, 12:35 AM
A bit of a collectors item?! Are you kidding?! Depends on what you're collecting I guess!!!

Climb01742
12-27-2004, 05:47 AM
one thing about the jerk's opinions...you're never left wondering how he really feels! rock on, senor! :rolleyes:

eddief
12-27-2004, 01:25 PM
of sucking the joy out of anything.

jerk
12-27-2004, 02:04 PM
not everythingeddie, just some things. plus, never take too seriously the opinions of someone who can't even spell "adequately".
jerk

(the 600 parts on it actually do look kind of nice...)

eddief
12-27-2004, 02:29 PM
I was up quite early this morning and with my coffee read your response to my post re: Univega. Believe me, by now, regarding bikes I've learned to take most with a full salt shaker. So when I see what looks like a cool bike to me with gorgeous parts, that's all I was pointing out. No hype, no bs, just have a look dudes.

I know sometimes I can be a "richard" too. But I just don't get the point of all the negative huff some people put out into this universe. I appreciate (your) points of view and opinion, but the world seems so f-ed up at this juncture, more negative noise just to support a reputation seems like a waste to me.

Normally, I just let it pass, but the coffee just did not taste as good as usual this morning.

Buy what ya like.

Big Dan
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
The 600 components look really nice, but that frame looks like a little anchor my friend............ :eek:

bubba
12-27-2004, 07:48 PM
....... but the coffee just did not taste as good as usual this morning.

Maybe the Grinch whizzed in it? :banana: :banana: