PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mental Health Day

ti_boi
04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Didja ever just 'take a day'....not because you were overworked...or sick....but just because you needed....One.

*Whew* :cool:

jasond
04-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Yup, I rarely take a full week for vacation so every now and then I just take a day off because I need a mental break.

znfdl
04-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Most defnitely, especially when I did not have much vacation time.

If I went for a ride, I had to make sure that used extra sunscreen ;)

Ray
04-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Now that I work for myself and things are slow, I take LOTS of them. When I was working a regular job, I never really did, but I took plenty of vacation time and was never a workaholic. In 25 years I can probably count the number of times I went in on a weekend on my fingers (might need a couple of toes, but not many). And usually left the office on time except when I had a night meeting. I did have a lot of night meetings though - an occupational given. And I'd sometimes go in a little bit late the morning after a particularly late or tough one. But that was expected and almost encouraged.

-Ray

paulh
04-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Once a year or two I have some eye trouble. Just could not see goin' into work that day.

Tom
04-29-2009, 07:33 AM
with Mental Health day at noon. Working from home so I can take the little cat to the vet, he is clearly very uncomfortable this morning... hopefully not another UTI but the alternatives not much fun for him either. (He's very small, the vet has a large finger, you know?)

Then I take my own mental health day because I have a meeting later on with somebody that is breathtakingly dumb. Him: "It said not to fill out that part if we're installing it standalone." Me: "We're installing it in a grid." Him: "I understand, I understand. That's why I didn't fill it out." Me: "A grid's not standalone." Him: "I understand, I understand." Me: "No, you don't. A grid is not standalone. Therefore, we need those addresses to talk to it." Him: "A grid is not standalone?" Me: "Right". Him: "So I don't fill out that part?"

And then my head exploded. They laid off a very experienced really smart incredibly hard worker to keep this guy, I think because he's well groomed and his shirts are always nicely pressed.

About 35 miles at noon ought to put me back together again.

Bart001
04-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Once a year or two I have some eye trouble. Just could not see goin' into work that day.

I like that and will use it in the (near) future!

1happygirl
04-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Yea! I am planning one now (been planning for a while). I feel a sickness coming on next Friday.
Cough, Cough

as our pto is sick and vacation time together, its 6 of one/half dozen other for me.

csm
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
as a displaced worker every day is a mental health day.
When I am a placed worker I consider sick days to be for golf. who wants to waste a perfectly good sick day being sick?

Bradford
04-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I take vacation days, but I do not call in sick if I am not sick.

The last time I called in sick was in January of 1985 and I still feel guilty about it.

dannyg1
04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Are you sure this gut isn't a diehard Abbot and Costello fan?

with Mental Health day at noon. Working from home so I can take the little cat to the vet, he is clearly very uncomfortable this morning... hopefully not another UTI but the alternatives not much fun for him either. (He's very small, the vet has a large finger, you know?)

Then I take my own mental health day because I have a meeting later on with somebody that is breathtakingly dumb. Him: "It said not to fill out that part if we're installing it standalone." Me: "We're installing it in a grid." Him: "I understand, I understand. That's why I didn't fill it out." Me: "A grid's not standalone." Him: "I understand, I understand." Me: "No, you don't. A grid is not standalone. Therefore, we need those addresses to talk to it." Him: "A grid is not standalone?" Me: "Right". Him: "So I don't fill out that part?"

And then my head exploded. They laid off a very experienced really smart incredibly hard worker to keep this guy, I think because he's well groomed and his shirts are always nicely pressed.

About 35 miles at noon ought to put me back together again.

ti_boi
04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I take vacation days, but I do not call in sick if I am not sick.

The last time I called in sick was in January of 1985 and I still feel guilty about it.

Oh I'm sick alright....sick of my boss....sick of work.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Steevo
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM

I have a co-worker who calls that "Sphincter-Glaucoma Day". He can't see his a** going into work on S-G days.

Steve in SLO
04-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm a doctor, so I need to demonstrate active arterial bleeding or loss of a major limb to even get an hour off. Oh, and my mind is not considered a major limb, so no mental health days here.