PDA

View Full Version : Endurox R4 recipe changes

Keith A
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Has anyone tried the new formula for Endurox R4? I recently purchased some of the new stuff and was comparing the ingredients and noticed that there are some interesting changes. One of the most significant is that the old formula had no cholesterol and the new one has 12% of your RDA. There is also an increase in fat content (not much) and a decrease in sodium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. The main ingredients have also changed with the addtion of Maltodextrin and sucrose, compared to just using dextrose.

Any thoughts/opinions on the changes?

BTW, you can still get the original formula in chocolate and vanilla. The details for the nutrition information can be found here (http://www.accelsport.com/product-info/EnduroxR4-nutrition-information.html).

kgreene10
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but I keep forgetting to ask if anyone knows of a lactose-free recovery drink mix? All the ones I see have whey protein and though I'm not positive that it would react in my system the same way other lactose-derived products do, I'm not really excited about taking the chance.

Keith A
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
As for Endurox, I did notice the following statement about allergies...

"ALLERGEN INFORMATION: Contains milk and soy. Manufactured in a facility that processes eggs, wheat, tree nuts, fish, crustaceans and shellfish products."

benb
04-27-2009, 03:52 PM
I think if you were sensitive to Casein you would want to avoid Whey protein, but if you're just lactose intolerant you wouldn't want to worry about it.

The one that is driving me nuts is some of the companies (cough Hammer) are putting Sugar alcohols into their sports drinks. They are known to cause GI issues and to slow absorption of sugars into the bloodstream.

Same thing with High Fructose Corn Syrup too but luckily not that many of the serious drinks have that. (Fructose doesn't absorb well)

Keith A
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
So has anyone tried out the new formula???