PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Giro DVD

CJV
12-24-2004, 01:30 PM
As another Christmas present to myself I bought the two-pack 2004 and Tour DVD sets. The first of three for the Giro was normal and exciting to watch. As was the third when I checked it later. Number two, however, had crowd, motorcycle, and Italian announcer noises, but no narration from Phil and Paul. I called World Cycling Productions to complain; they quickly sent another three-pack to me, charging me of course, and e-mailed return UPS mailing label free-of-charge. The second set arrived, and, lo and behold, number two had the same problem, no narration. I know some wiseguys will say that's a blessing not to hear Phil misidentify a rider and have Paul correct him, but I don't mind a laugh or two and want to hear their commentary. On the phone a WCP person asked me what sort of equipment I used to watch and hear the DVDs. I told him the equipment is not the issue, since I have no problem with the other disks I own. Anyway. We 're still playing DVD tag, but this time he wants to check that second DVD to see if it's them or me. Frankly, I think the production values on the VCR tapes and on this particular DVD leave a lot to me desired. Has anyone else bought this set? Any problems?

Russ
12-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Frankly, I think the production values on the VCR tapes and on this particular DVD leave a lot to me desired. Has anyone else bought this set? Any problems?

I also have this Giro DVD set, but I have had no problems with the sound. I ran some tests on my entertainment system and I see that it plays well on the claimed Dolby Digital as well in stereo. Check that you are not running your system or DVD player on the wrong audio mode.

I do agree with you, however, I wish they would do a better production job on this tapes/DVDs. For one, I wish they were recorded in HDTV...