PDA

View Full Version : Not so good for riding.

David Kirk
04-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Maybe it will be wrong.

Dave

1centaur
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Belgians need not be the only hard men of cycling.

regularguy412
04-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Warmer, but lightning is not good. It's been a long winter.

TMB
04-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I turned my sprinkler system on today - it was snowing about an hour later.

I have not yet put water in the pool, or power raked the lawn.

I am at least a month behind this year. At least.

I'm getting really sick of this.

I'm going to Arizona next weekend to ride my bike in the sun.

palincss
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
We had sunny and 90 today, and the same is forecast for tomorrow.

SoCalSteve
04-25-2009, 06:22 PM
I turned my sprinkler system on today - it was snowing about an hour later.

I have not yet put water in the pool, or power raked the lawn.

I am at least a month behind this year. At least.

I'm getting really sick of this.

I'm going to Arizona next weekend to ride my bike in the sun.

Where in AZ wil you be? I will also be riding my bike in AZ next weekend. Sedona, to be exact. Actually, we are doing a cycling event from Sedona to Prescott and back next Sunday.

You gonna be there?

Just askin'

Steve

TMB
04-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Where in AZ wil you be? I will also be riding my bike in AZ next weekend. Sedona, to be exact. Actually, we are doing a cycling event from Sedona to Prescott and back next Sunday.

You gonna be there?

Just askin'

Steve

Could be, maybe.

We have a house in Fountain Hills, I have to be at a client's wedding on the Saturday evening but I'm going down on Friday - I've got bikes at the house .............

Hmmm...............

Send me some info on the ride on Sunday if you can.

SoCalSteve
04-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Could be, maybe.

We have a house in Fountain Hills, I have to be at a client's wedding on the Saturday evening but I'm going down on Friday - I've got bikes at the house .............

Hmmm...............

Send me some info on the ride on Sunday if you can.

Info sent in a PM

Keith A
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Sorry Dave...time to come visit us in Florida... :cool:

Ken Robb
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
we are having a cold snap--63F--I wore a long sleeve jersey.

paulandmonster
04-25-2009, 11:16 PM
sunday 90 partly cloudy
monday 90 sun
tuesday 90 sun
although monday maybe a black day for philly, race is no or go

Onno
04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Sorry Dave...time to come visit us in Florida... :cool:

Just watch out for those alligator-eating pythons, which apparently are on the loose everywhere down there! :p

dogdriver
04-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Dave-- Such is springtime in the Rockies, eh? Skiied 2 feet of powder last Friday, rode on the pavement in 70' Sunday, snowed yesterday. Its a fun time of year, but we need to take advantage of the good wx during the few hours its here!

Hoping to get out in Sunny/40' this morning, 'cus its supposed to snow again this afternoon.

This is the time of year I wish I had a cross bike-- the road ride is too iffy in the weather, and the trails are too soggy for the mtb.

A few miles south of Bozeman in Utah, Chris

Keith A
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Just watch out for those alligator-eating pythons, which apparently are on the loose everywhere down there! :pAnd this is what we do with those gators... :D

http://www.bike-zone.com/photos/2009/tech/shows/nahmbs09/nahmbs096/fizik_alligator.jpg

kgreene10
04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it dropped to 72 this morning in Austin and threatened rain. We almost had to cancel the Sunday ride! In the end, everyone showed up except a certain local framebuilder.

nicrump
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, it dropped to 72 this morning in Austin and threatened rain. We almost had to cancel the Sunday ride! In the end, everyone showed up except a certain local framebuilder.

i was riding. set out on a slightly different venue today. where have you been for like months?

djg
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
93 today here in Northern Virginia (where the ride started and ended, with a detour through DC and Maryland).

And no, we're not used to it yet. At least I'm not.

Samster
04-26-2009, 05:03 PM
it must be global warming.

happycampyer
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
And this is what we do with those gators... :D

http://www.bike-zone.com/photos/2009/tech/shows/nahmbs09/nahmbs096/fizik_alligator.jpgThat saddle reminds me of Sailor's snakeskin jacket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEz-cwJxtu8) in Wild at Heart.

rpm
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
40 and heavy rain here on the tundra. Went out for the huge annual spring century ride. Started in a drizzle and I was rolling along enjoying myself, but started to see heavy lightning up ahead. I did a U-turn, and started back. I don't like messing with thunderstorms, and I had nothing to prove today. Got caught anyway in a heavy downpour and some lightning, but was glad I decided that discretion was the better part of valor today. It poured the rest of the day. Hypothermia weather.

gdw
04-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Roadies.... I loaded up the bike Friday night and rode up to around 8,000ft and camped. It rained on and off Saturday but the trails were in pretty decent shape with the exception of the north facing slopes. This morning the sun made an appearance but the winds were howling and the temperature was around freezing. Taking the tent down and trying to cram it into the stuff sack is a workout when the winds are gusting up to 40mph but easier than riding against it. Stop whining and ride. :banana:

sg8357
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
We had sunny and 90 today, and the same is forecast for tomorrow.

That sort of weather will never get you ready for TOSRV, go out and
ride with Mr. Kirk.

Scott G.
Had little 20 knot headwind on Saturday, ah Tosrv training.