PDA

View Full Version : A 100 miles of nowhere.

William
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Winter training on the rollers hell enough for you? How about a 100 miles of nowhere..... :bike:

William

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2009/04/23/register-now-for-the-100-miles-of-nowhere/

A Note from Fatty: Winners of the “Meet BSNYC” contest are being notified by email today. Once I’ve got their OK, I will announce their names.

Finally. Spring is here. The weather is great, and I just can’t think of anything I’d rather do than get outside and ride my bike.

Except, that is, ride my rollers in the dead of night for 100 miles.

So, uh, why don’t you join me?

What The 100 Miles of Nowhere Is

The basic idea of the 100 Miles of Nowhere is that no matter where you are, on May 23 you’re going to either ride your rollers, trainer, or a very small outside course for 100 miles. Or if that sounds like too much, you can do 50 miles. Or 25.

But, ideally, 100.

And since you will be the only one racing in your age group, gender, category, and region, you are clearly going to win your age/gender/region/category group.

Yeah, that’s right. I’m guaranteeing you are going to win. How often do you get that kind of assurance in a race?

Oh sure, as you ride, you will certainly have qualms, and may find yourself saying things like, “I can’t believe I’m riding my trainer for 100 miles,” or “I can’t believe I’m paying to ride my trainer for 100 miles,” but then you’ll remind yourself, “But I’m doing this for a really, really good cause.”

And that cause, of course, is helping Team Fatty raise money to fight cancer. Out of the $75 registration you pay, $50 will go straight to the Lance Armstrong Foundation (the other $25 pays for boxing and shipping and stuff like that — trust me, nobody’s making a profit here).