PDA

View Full Version : WOW Merry Christmas to me!

EdK
12-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Just in time, I think back three months to some of my first words with Steve Hampsten. Do you think it will be here by Christmas? Steve looked at Bab Parlee and they said oh yeah absolutly. So with one day to spare it arrived. Hampsten Z3 with 1.5 HT extension (read no spacers required). It is an amazing piece of technology. Nothing but good things to say about Steve (and of course Andy) everything DRBK says about dealing with these guys is true! The frame is amazing.....I think I like race bikes at least as much as the Jerk and probabaly as much as DRBK likes eclectic French tourers and let me tell you this is a race bike through and through. Wow is all I can say. Fits nice between the Ottrott and others....................

Merry Christmas all (sorry not going to be PC)!!!!!

Ti-Boy
12-24-2004, 05:08 AM
Congrats on the Hampsten. When can we expect pics and details on what you're hanging on her?

Climb01742
12-24-2004, 06:35 AM
way to go, ed. agree 100% on how nice it was working with the hampstens...and how nice the finished parlee product is. ride it in good health...and damn you on your warm cali weather!!!! :beer:

Kevin
12-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Congrats

Kevin

soulspinner
12-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Congrats. I spoke with Steve the other day about a Z3. Parlee will have new molds this year so I can get a custom Z3 built. I am salivating like a Pavlovion canine....pictures please!

zap
12-24-2004, 08:44 AM
EdK-Well done. Post pics and ride report when you can.

Merry Christmas

EdK
12-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Whoa this thing is a rocket! It's just like being 6 again new bike for Christmas. Stiffer than my BMC and fits and rides better. Photos to follow. Merry Christmas All!

It is built with a mix of Campy 10 and dare I say Dura Ace 10, works excellent......

Climb01742
12-24-2004, 09:25 PM
mine is a rocket, too, yet absolutely comfortable...some serious mojo must take place in the parlee factory...awaiting pix and further ride impressions.