PDA

View Full Version : Fierte/Fierte Ti - anybody ridden one?

LH2
12-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Since I'm on a budget I'm considering the Fierte - still a sweet steel frame in it's own right I figure. Looks like I can live without the custom geometry and according to Ben, the CIII isn't lighter anyway, just a stiffer BB area.

I'm also looking at the CIII and frames from other top notch builders (Seven, Strong, Dave Kirk to be specific), but would like to hear from any Fierte/Fierte Ti owner how you like your ride!

Thanks all!

Ken Robb
12-23-2004, 07:44 PM
what size do you ride? How do you ride?

FierteTi52
12-23-2004, 08:33 PM
LH2,
I own a Fierte Ti ( pre carbon stays) and have very pleased. Both Fierte's are a good deal. The ti version with the carbon stays looks really nice. The bottom line is if the stock geometry fits you. Serotta has designed the Fierte line to fit a wide range of riders with the sloping tt and the tubes are going to be 90% of what a custom ride would include. My ti bike is one or two tubes short of a Concours for WAY less. There are good deals on Fierte's on Ebay quite often. Currently, I also own a Ottrott ST but still like to ride the Fierte now and then.
Good Luck,
Jeff

LH2
12-23-2004, 08:48 PM
what size do you ride? How do you ride?

55cm, more spinner than masher. :)

LH2
12-23-2004, 08:56 PM
LH2,
The ti version with the carbon stays looks really nice. The bottom line is if the stock geometry fits you.

Stock geometry will work fine & I'll have a Serotta dealer dial in bar/saddle/stem to be where I need it.

I guess there are some leftover '04 Fierte Ti frames that are a bit less expensive than the '05 with the carbon stays; these sound like a terrific value in Ti.

Does the Ti model come with a fork, but not the steel Fierte? The Kestrel EMS for $200 is hard to beat, although I may spend a bit more and get the Ouzo Pro.

I truly believe that low frame weight is overrated, so I'm probably leaning steel, which should feel snappier anyway, and will save me some cash.

coylifut
12-23-2004, 10:38 PM
Stock geometry will work fine & I'll have a Serotta dealer dial in bar/saddle/stem to be where I need it.

I guess there are some leftover '04 Fierte Ti frames that are a bit less expensive than the '05 with the carbon stays; these sound like a terrific value in Ti.

Does the Ti model come with a fork, but not the steel Fierte? The Kestrel EMS for $200 is hard to beat, although I may spend a bit more and get the Ouzo Pro.

I truly believe that low frame weight is overrated, so I'm probably leaning steel, which should feel snappier anyway, and will save me some cash.

Steel is the most under rated material available. It would be cool if you could get a top notch steel fork as well.