PDA

View Full Version : serotta colorado CR

Todd Owen
01-14-2004, 09:38 AM
saw a colorado CR ? frame on ebay...any history and or info would be appreciated.

quattro
01-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Todd, I have not had an opportunity to check out the CR on E-Bay, however, I owned a 59 cm x 59 cm in purple to black fade, purchaed new in 1993. The bike had a steel Serota fork and was build with Shimano 600 Ultegra. This frame is made of tubing alittle thicker guage than what was at that time the CRL. I totally enjoyed this bike, it gave a very comfortable ride and handled like a dream. For me the top tube ended up being to long so I sold it and moved on to a Legend Ti with a 57 cm top tube. I'll take a look on e-bay, I do know that the person that originally purchased it from me had re-sold it once.

Todd Owen
01-14-2004, 04:21 PM
thanks for the info...I was able to speak with the seller and placed my bid on ebay... just about 1 month wait until the new CSi comes...can hardly wait ! I am having a set of sewups built so it will have the retro look. the 7-11 red/white with green stripe is still my favorite.

Tetraptych
01-17-2004, 09:26 AM
I just bought an NOS '93 Colorado CR off Ebay myself, and it arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to build it up yet, and Vermont weather hasn't exactly been conducive to riding anyway, but I can tell you it's an absolutely beautiful bike. The shaped tubes and lugwork look great, and the paint job does, too; it came with a black-to-deep purple fade with a more subtle metallic finish, and the fork is purple with a little black accent on the fork crown.

I actually had the opportunity to stop by the factory several weeks ago (it's about five minutes off the NY State Thruway, which I take to visit family over the holidays), and managed to catch Ben himself walking past the door as I came in, and talked to him for a few minutes. The frames are made from Tange Prestige tubing, which he said was one of his all-time favorite suppliers as they produced probably the most consistent tubing they used.

The other nice thing is that he briefly loaned me a '93 catalog and let me photocopy a good chunk of it. I got the page with all the frame geometries, so if the frame you're looking at is stock geometry, post a reply with the size and I can give you the full rundown if you're curious.

Cheers,
Steve