PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Ti Question

shark23
04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Hello

I have always wanted a Ti bike and now may be my chance but I have a question. Bike is advertised as a 2000 but it has a conventional fork/headset. I will not know until tomorrow what model this is, but does this seem reasonable? I suppose the fork could just have been chosen this way.

Also, what models were floating around in 2000, and what would be the differences?

Lame questions but I'd like to be prepared when I see the bike.

George

dave thompson
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Hello

I have always wanted a Ti bike and now may be my chance but I have a question. Bike is advertised as a 2000 but it has a conventional fork/headset. I will not know until tomorrow what model this is, but does this seem reasonable? I suppose the fork could just have been chosen this way.

Also, what models were floating around in 2000, and what would be the differences?

Lame questions but I'd like to be prepared when I see the bike.

George
Serotta made quite a few Ti bikes in 2000, all different in some way. In my 2000 catalog, it lists 4 stock bikes made of titanium: Hors Catagorie, Legend Ti, Concours and Classique Ti. Any of those bikes could also be custom made most any way to suit a particular customer.

What's a 'conventional' fork and headset? Do you mean threaded? 9 years ago (2000) threadless forks and headsets were no where near as common as today. It's not a bad thing, just different.

VTCaraco
04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Wondering if we're pondering the same bike...

Pete Serotta
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
For ti....in 2000 most were threaded 1 inch and quite a few had the F1 fork.... In fact threaded were still around in 2001 but were on the down swing. I still ride my 2000 Legend with F1 threaded fork quite a bit.

quansoo
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Is it this 2000 Classique Ti? I just sold it earlier this week, and understood the guy was going to keep it.

shark23
04-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks

I did get the bike today, now I'm going to post one last thread to see what it is.

To my other friend from VT, it was down in Springfield MA

Same Bike?

VTCaraco
04-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Same bike.
Just got an email from the seller about an hour ago telling me that it sold.

Hope it gives you many years of inspired service.