PDA

View Full Version : system 6 vs super six

shotojs78
04-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi, if you have a choice between a system six and super six with the same components, which one you choose?? and if you want why???

and between the new sram red BB30 crankset and the 2007 or 2008 SI (not the SL 2009) cannondale crankset, which one you choose??

thanks

ThasFACE
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Never ridden a supersix but I have a system6 that I'm pretty happy with; it fits, it's light and is most definitely stiff. The carbon rear triangle of the supersix might make for a slightly more comfortable ride, but the systemsix doesn't beat you up so I'm not sure that any extra plushness in the rear (joke goes here) would make an appreciable difference. Maybe the deciding factor is whether you want an all-carbon frame or not, but I am no expert on all things cannondale.

Can't comment on the cranks as I have experience with neither.

mike p
04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I think if your a fatass such as myself go with the system six, little stiffer and better suited for a heavyweight or sprinter types. Super six good all around carbon.

Mike

docmaduff
04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Get the Super Six, sell it for as much money as you can, then buy a Serotta HSG! Nothin's better. Incidentally I rode the System Six for a day in the 2007 Colorado Ride the Rockies tour and had then chance to demo the HSG the next day! The System Six was stiff and responsive but almost beefy and overbearing at the front end. Most importantly the ride was uninspiring compared to the next day when i had the 'new ride of my life' experience on the Serotta. Could have sworn it was 2 pounds lighter only to find out it was heavier. But I was so blown away that I bought that HSG Demo 8 months later.

sn69
04-16-2009, 12:50 AM
However, I rode a System Six in RAAM 07, and after days and days and days on that sucker (in addition to all the training done on it after I received it), I can honestly say it was a nice bike. I still don't think they're particularly good looking bikes, but it rode well, was predictable, was responsive, and didn't beat me up the way I remember an older pre-CAAD Cannondale (2.8 I think...with those dreadful cantelevered dropouts) did.

Not a bad rig by any means.
Scott

Bob Ross
04-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi, if you have a choice between a system six and super six with the same components, which one you choose?? and if you want why???

Heck, I'll play: SuperSix. Because I have yet to encounter a "mixed-materials" frame that rides as nicely as one made of All The Same Stuff. Now, take that w/ a grain of salt, because I have never ridden either a SystemSix or a SuperSix, so it's all really conjecture. But I've kicked around the idea of getting a SuperSix, whereas I've never had any interest in the SystemSix. So there.

and between the new sram red BB30 crankset and the 2007 or 2008 SI (not the SL 2009) cannondale crankset, which one you choose??

If by Cannondale SI you mean the aluminum Hollowgram crankset, then absolutely yes that would be my choice. If however you mean the carbon (OEM'd by FSA) SI crankset then I would choose the SRAM Red.