PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale SuperSix with 7900 DA Di2

lavi
04-15-2009, 12:10 AM
So strolling through my LBS the other day I always like to ask "what's new" just to see what the person will point out. This guy I've never talked to before had noticed that I was checking out the Olympic themed Cervelo with DA Di2 on it. The Cervelo was the shop owners bike and looked pretty sweet.

So he asks if I'd like to demo the Di2. To which I say, "What"? Then he proceeds to pull down a Cannondale Supersix set up with the Di2 grouppo and Kyrium SL's. Of course it's my size. They always seem to build up the expensive bikes I like in something with a 58.5 TT. I guess they know I'm a sucker for shiny stuff. I've never really considered a Cannondale before. I know them to be good bikes from plenty of other folks that ride them. This bike is being billed as the last of the American built Cannondales.

The price, $7,700. Considering everything, that seems like a reasonable price. Hearing that little electric shifting sound when you hit the button is pretty cool. Of course you'd never hear it on the road, but in the shop it was nifty.

I'm definitely going back to ride the bike. It's too pretty not to, and I'd really like to try the new electric DA stuff. It's my size and everything. It would be a sin not to get a little road grime on it. :beer:

What do you all think? Tomorrow is tax day. I could blow my cash on this thing and really put myself in the dog house with my better half.

I'm also headed down to Sea Otter on Thursday and looking forward to what is supposed to be great weather (hopefully not gale force winds like last year). I plan on testing plenty of stuff while I'm down there too.

alancw3
04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
those c'dale super six's are sweet. just be aware, rumor has it that the next generation of super six will be coming out as a 2010 model probably in august or september. it' my understanding that basso is working with the engineers on it's development.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2009/probikes/?id=ivan_basso_cannondale09

rnhood
04-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Those Supersixes are evolving into really nice bikes. Its my understanding that changes for 2010 are pretty much focused on stiffening up the already very stiff headtube. Regardless, the existing Supersix is a really nice high performance bike. Its especially good for bigger riders.

jhcakilmer
04-15-2009, 06:44 AM
I must point out, that I'm no fan of DA Di2, but as far as the price goes that seems very reasonable for a company's flagship bike, with top of the light components and solid wheels. I would bet that some of the other comparable offerings from Colnago, Time, Look would be considerably more expensive!!

Go for it, you only live once!!